THOUGHT TESCO PETROL WAS MEANT TO BE SO MUCH CHEAPER????

Home Forums Louth Chat THOUGHT TESCO PETROL WAS MEANT TO BE SO MUCH CHEAPER????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

they only had it so cheap when they first opened, same in all the tesco garages. try to fool people into thinking they’re the cheapest around…of course they were when they opened but every day they put the price up by a cent or 2 and gradually it reached the same price as the other garages but a lot of people dont even check the price they just assume :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just wondering ‘whats the story’ as they say with tesco petrol prices. Initially it was way cheaper than other places in town, but now its the same as the majority in town. I don’t think its everywhere else getting cheaper but Tesco just dearer than it was in the opening days……any ideas.

Taylor5

yeah noticed that last night same price as others in the area… they might be back doing the 5 cent off with your shopping receipt but notsure

Anonymous
    Inactive

Was great in the begining to get points on clubcard and good price on petrol…..but nothing in it now bar the bit you get back on the clubcard….bit of a cod really. Do they think people won’t notice….

Taylor5

yes… still a q of cars last night! i drove on empty to the esso on the Dublin road, why q for the same price!

ed1
    Participant

Top filling station is a cent cheaper than Tesco now.

Taylor5

Good to know will be back to top

trixiebell
    Participant

will be back to Top as well!

Yvonne

I noticed this too!! Not worth going over to it now… will only go there if I am on that side of town… I too wondered if we will get a money off voucher from doing our shopping – I done my shopping there Tuesday and got nothing….

Anonymous
    Inactive

Got petrol in Beechgrove, cheaper than Tesco. Noticed a lot more cars back at their old petrol stations..but was a decent Q at Tesco. Probably always some who will assume Tesco is just cheaper because its Tesco.

Taylor5

Julymum think your right about people not checking the prices as the q’s are still off the forecourt… maybe its the clubcard points and the schools vouchers that is still attracting people!!!!

Yvonne

I was there yesterday to get petrol, for handiness only!, and noticed they have signs saying low prices on petrol!! Felt like saying it to them that they are not low prices!

julymam

Yeah Taylor5 could be the clubpoints, I would usually get my petrol in tesco for the club points but if I find petrol cheaper somewhere else I wouldn’t hesitate to get elsewhere. Also I couldn’t be doing those queues unless it was worth my while.
    I know a lot of people I know don’t even check the petrol prices, i’m always keeping an eye out myself, dont like to be ripped off lol 😆

maisy

got a tip on breakfast bargains (newstalk) for
    http://www.pumps.ie/

Has the prices at the pumps for most of the petrol stations, so should save us cruising for the best value.

Tesco petrol hasbeen a big disappointment

munchin
    Participant

I drove past tesco on Sunday it was 133.9 – got my petrol on monday in applegreen for 131.9

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.