Thomas the Tank Engine Land!!!!

Home Forums Louth Chat Thomas the Tank Engine Land!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Babs

Ladies, I am so excited…we are off to Thomas the Tank Engine Land this week for a few days…it is in Birmingham. My weeman is 3 and a half and we promised him earlier this year as he had tonsils out and was miserable (as we all were!)..so myself, hubby, weeman and 4mth old are flying off to Sodar to see the Fat Controller!! How sad is that!!! :D :D Will let you all know what it is like incase you too have a little person who loves Thomas and friends!!! And with the exchange rate as it is, it is proving to be a good value family summer holiday!!

scole1

ah you will have a blast…..it’s great fun, we had a ball, i got my ds the conductor outfit and he wore it on the day at sodor, and went down a treat, also is he collects the diecast take along trains there’s a shop and you will get ones tehre ya won’t get here…..

but a real great day out…try get tehre early as in 10.30 think that’s when it opens, it closes about 6ish not sure if open later now, but it’s in a residential area….

the fat controller is great and looks like him too and speaks like him….my ds loved all the rides they are decent ones and very well done, you can get thomas to the zoo and percy will bring ya back….there’s also a little indoor soft play area for younger kids so ya can take a little time out in there…but well worth trip…my ds dying to go back so am i…..

have a great time

ciarac

how or where do you get there? my ds would love that, as would my dd who is just out of hospital after getting her tonsils out, would love to treat her too, but have a 6week old baby too, so travel…… don’t know……..

scole1

you can fly to birmingham airport…there’s a hotel beside the airport, the best thing would be to hire a car then litterally it’s a drive out on the motorway to drayton manor…..
    check out the link below…..

http://www.draytonmanor.co.uk/ThomasLand/Welcome.aspx

Babs

Well Scole, sounds like you enjoyed it the most!! Let you know how it goes…am V excited now!!! 😳 😳

scole1

and so you should be was a great day…funny announcements when in station about giggling trucks causing touble that’s why train delayed…..oh enjoy…..

Taylor5

Babs you will have a ball, I seen Scoles photos and I was surprise how good it looked…. couldnt believe how happy the mammy and daddies looked 😆 😆 😆

ciarac

thanks, will check out that link now!

Babs

Am back….and it was fantastic!!!! Weeman had a ball but to be honest so did we!!! Met the Fat Controller on the way in…he was so in character!! He signed weemans hat and chatted to us all about the troublesome trucks causing trouble for Thomas…went on all the rides (included in admission price) and had a picnic at the playground…and when we were finished, daddy had a go on some of the adult rides in Drayton Manor Theme Park (right beside)…so all in all, everyone very happy…and all for £30!!! We went to Cadbury World the next day..not great (more for older children on a school tour) but you get so much chocolate that it is worth it!!! Was sick as a dog!! And then we went to Think Tank in Birmingham…again more for older children and some of the exhibitions were broken (very expensive for what it is at almost £30)…but all in all, a great short break and a must for all Thomas fans!!!! Will treasure the memories for ever!! 😀 😀

GwenL

Wow! Sounds like this really is worth a visit. I have 3 boys under 4 and thought about doing this trip, but decided they might be too young yet to really enjoy it so decided to do a quick trip to Eurodisney this year and Thomasland when they are bigger. Plus flights to Paris much cheaper than ferry to Wales! Will have to put Thomasland on the plan for 2010!
    My Mum would not be too happy about the fat controller though, she calls him the "very nice" controller when she reads the books (trying to be pc) and the lads correct her and say, but he is fat!! 😀

Babs

Well he introduced himself to us as Sir Topim Hat, so we got the hint that he a bit touchy about his weight…but they are right, he is fat!!!

trixiebell
    Participant

we have booked to go over in August for a few days, cant wait!!! 😆

Were going to go over in the ferry, and then we can go to a few places in and around as well.

Taylor5

Just a warning, Thomas Land is just outside Birmingham… I was on skynews site looking at swine flu, there are three hot spots in the UK where its spreading well above the pandemic rate…. Greater Scotland, London and Birmingham!!!!!
    So just watch the press alot could change between now and then.

Babs

It is fantastic!!! And going on the ferry will make it even better!!! i am such a kid!!!

scole1

trixie think in tamworth there’s an indoor ski slope can do tabbogining and skiing and snow surfing it’s years since was there will ask dh cousins but birmingham is great to visit too.

drayton manor is great though great for your aged kids too as have thomas land and then regular rides

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.