This is important!!

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Financial Advice & budgeting ideas This is important!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I know dealing with finances does not usually jump to the top of the list of things people enjoy doing, however, the biggest thing to happen in the industry for many years is only weeks away!

I strongly recommend that you take a couple of minutes to read the post about the Gender Directive in the Financial Advisor section of Ask the Expert, particularly the post put up today. Not taking action could mean choosing to spend thousands of extra euro over the coming years completely unneccessarily.

Once the December deadline passes, there will be no going back, the increased premiums will apply.

Any questions, feel free to contact me.

Dave.

Financial Companion
    Participant

I gotasked a good question about this yesterday. If anyone has an existing guaranteed plan with years to run, it will not be affected (although if you have not compared for a few years, doing so before the new directive comes into force may well be worthwhile!), however, if you have a "unit linked" or "open ended" type plan, these get reviewed periodically and at review stage the new charging structure will apply.

Any questions please ask!

Dave.

Financial Companion
    Participant

Worth mentioning, the deadline applies to plans actually gone into force. If somebody applies for cover and there are underwriting requirements such as a medical or report from their GP required, this can cause weeks of delay (this is often the case when clarification is required on answers to medical questions or where a relatively high sum assured is applied for) so any cases not fully in force by the deadline will have no option but to have the increased rates apply.

Any questions, please contact me.

Dave.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.