Third time lucky

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My sister who had 2 miscarriages last year is pregnant only 5 weeks gone, she is so anxious and she says every time she goes to the loo she cant stop checking to see if there is blood in her knickers, I was saying to her that is perfectly normal after what she has been through. she has told GP she is not going back to the early pregnancy unit as she just hasmemories of loosing her babies there. she is going to go to a private place in a few weeks and get a scan there.

I really hope this works out for her as she is so broken from the two babies she lost, she said that if it doesn’t work out for her this time she cant face going through it all again. she said that she knows she is so lucky that she can get pregnant easily enough (many of her friends are over 2 years trying to get pregnant) but she just cant mentally/physically cope with another miscarriage. she said she cant even feel happy about being pregnant due to not knowing will it actually be ok.

anyone got any positive stories I can pass on to her after suffering miscarriages?. really trying to give her some hope and positive thinking.

Jedt

Its nerve wrecking being pregnant after a miscarriage

We lost 2 babies to miscarriage and the pregnancies that followed were difficult because we were so nervous.

I was the very same, constantly checking for spots of blood. I think I only relaxed when I was about 14 weeks and felt ‘safe’

Can she go for an early scan? The hospital should be able to offer her this to help ease her mind after her 2 miscarriages. She can ask for a scan in the EPU (Early pregnancy unit) and this may set her mind at ease.

I remember after our first miscarriage I got pregnant a few months later and I was so so nervous that I asked for an early scan and they booked me in for one between 7-8 weeks. The relief we felt when we saw the baby’s heartbeat was immense. Just seeing that little heartbeat put my mind to rest. I was still nervous but it definitely helped.

Because your sister had 2 losses, they should be able to book her into the EPU for an early scan.

Hope this helps. I know how she is feeling, its so worrying but keeping fingers crossed that everything will be ok.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sabbi she really doesn’t want to go back to EPU as it just has sad memories for her she is going to pay privately to get a early scan elsewhere in a few weeks time.

munchin
    Participant

My sister had 2 miscarriages quiet close together sept and Dec. Then went on to get pregnant straight away again and her little bean is now 7yrs old.
    It’s very very difficult and totally normal to fret and constantly check.

Fingers toes and everything crossed for her xo

Jedt

If she goes to Babyscan in Swords they are completely lovely and ask for Rita and mention Mumstown and they usually do a discount.

My SIl went for scan there a few weeks ago and they could not have been nicer. She said she is on Mumstown and they gave her a discount. They’re so nice and they take as much time as you need. That’s what I really liked about them.

allyj

That sounds like a good option sabbi. Best of luck to her and her baba. Sending positive thoughts xxx

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for all the positive thoughts, she has started having morning sickness in the past few days and she is taking this as a good sign as she had no morning sickness on the 2 babies that she lost.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My sister went for her 8 week scan and the lady that was doing it said do you like surprises?. my sister said no…….well there are 2 heart beats- its twins!- to say she is in shock is an understatement. she feels that its like the 2 babies that she lost have come back to her. she is totally overwhelmed about their being 2 , I think it will take her till they are born to get over the shock!.

Now just wishing her a very safe and happy pregnancy with 2 healthy babies at the end of it xx

allyj

Ah that’s wonderful news. A big shock I’m sure, but wonderful none the less.

munchin
    Participant

Ah wow that’s fantastic news
    I imagine e it is a shock but hey what a wonderful shock xo

Anonymous
    Inactive

My poor sister ended up so bad with morning- all day sickness last week that she ended up getting dehydrated and had to be admitted to hospital to be put on a drip overnight, she got prescribed anti sickness tablets as well. she is starting to feel a bit more normal now that the sickness has died down and she can actually eat. she is finding things very hard right now and is still trying to get her head around it being twins.

They scanned her again when in hospital and the Doctors cant agree on whether there is one placenta or two, they are in separate sacs. if they are sharing a placenta it will be a more dangerous pregnancy and she would have to be delivered at 34 weeks. she will find out in 2 weeks time for definite if there is one placenta or 2.

allyj

Fingers crossed it’s the less complicated type of twin pregnancy, I can only imagine that pregnancy after miscarriages must be frought with anxiety and fear without adding further complications. Hopefully her sickness will settle and she will get her strength back to deal with all of this. X

hotmama
    Participant

Hope everything worked out ok for your sister. did she have the babies and did all go ok? fingers crossed for a happy ending!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.