THINK BEFORE YOU PARK

Home Forums National Chat THINK BEFORE YOU PARK

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    noeleenw

went to the laurnce centre this mornong and some idiot parked about 4 inches away from the driver door of my car and left 4 foot the other side of their car ffs itwas really hard to get ds in to his car seat and i had to climb ib through the passenger side :twisted: so if you had a 06 black bmw in the laurnce centre this morning , please think of others in future

Dear Noleen

I am sorry that you had this bad experience whilst parking in our car park. I am not sure if you contacted any of my team, but we are very willing to help anyone that finds themselves in any of these situations, we normally would page around the centre and in Marks & Spencer to try to locate the driver of a car and if all else fails, we will leave a note on the car windscreen asking customers to be more careful when they park.

I fully realise that the car park spaces in certain areas are very tight. As a gesture of good will, I would like to offer you free parking for the day of your choice, so perhaps you could contact me next time you are in the centre.

Kind regards
    Susan Drumm
    Centre Operations Manager

Taylor5

Well done Susan… That why I love shopping in the Laurences centre.

Same thing happened me when 8 months pregnant, found the owner of the flash BMW ! I asked him to move his car, I was leaving work for an hospital app and was pushed for time (wanted to be early)
    the cheeky fucker told me to climb in the passenger side 😯 Well all I say is that he wont mess with a hormonal pregnant woman again, I ate the head off him I was soooo angry 😈 😈 😈 He ran across and moved the car sharpish… he called into my job the next morning with flowers and said he was sooo sorry for making fun of me to the builders on the site he said he went home and told his wife what happened and she gave out shit too 🙄
    I dont gamble but i’d put money on that it was a man driving

rcole

Thats a bit sexist.

I always park several feet away from cars that way a woman wont scratch my car. Or potentially hit it until.

A woman reversed into my car last month tore the wing off the car and caused several hundred euros worth of damage.

Fair play to Laurence’s though.

Taylor5

Thats a bit sexist.

I always park several feet away from cars that way a woman wont scratch my car. Or potentially hit it until.

A woman reversed into my car last month tore the wing off the car and caused several hundred euros worth of damage.

Fair play to Laurence’s though.
    😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Babs

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 Fair play Laurences Centre, so customer friendly!!

noeleenw

was deffo a woman that parked beside me she had a child in the back of the car …. she was driving in to the space as i was walking away …pity i didnt see then how she had parked 😯 thanks susan

happymumblemum
    Participant

Thats disgusting people are so ignorant..this happened to someone on here before??? Werent they pregnant too and couldnt get in without crawling over.

You should have scratched the shite out of the car!!! No only joking!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks very much Susan, soon it will get to a stage where you struggle to out do yourself!

chewieodie
    Participant

Good on you Susan! As always, you look after us so well!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I drive a people carrier and can have up to 4 children in back seats so I need to open doors both sides of the car. I also need to get to the boot to get the buggy out so cant reverse park the car.
    That leaves me parking in a regular spot, needing access to both doors of the car so I can’t keep to one side to allow more room on the other side if you know what I mean. Older children are not so bad but with babies/younger children you have to buckle them up etc. The outside car park spaces, with a pillar on your side, doesnt work either when you have 2 doors to open, the door smacks into it. (My door is in the wrong position, not the pillar 😆 ) Sometimes, yes, you think your fine until someone parks their car so close you cant get the children in the car when you return. It means reversing out a bit, leaving the buggy sitting, to get room to get the door open.

In the Laurence Centre I do try to park on the bottom level as it isnt so busy, but on weekdays it’s closed a lot with cones over the entrance. 🙁 Apart from 2 spots (I think) The ‘baby and parent’ parking is located against a side wall which is fine with one child but not when you have 2 young children to unbuckle.

I sound such a moaner. But I really dread looking for parking in most shopping centres except the Laurence Centre when the bottom level is open, then I’m smiling 😀 . The disabled bays are lovely and wide and allow space on the side for access, but they are for disabled drivers/passengers, not parents. In an ideal world they are the type I would like as a parent.

And thanks Susan for letting us know you will try and find a driver of a car if its really bad.

Taylor5

I HATE parking in the Laurances… their should be more parent and baby, never park on those ones along the wall, not great for getting two kids out of the car….

Think the position on Scotch Hall parent and baby parking is down right shocking…. worse parking spaces in the whole carpark

Almae

i have to say some of the centers that have opened in lateher years cram as much car park spaces in that they should come with a can opener. They are so god dam tight.

jenfitz

hear hear! the lawrence centre car park has a pathetic number of parent spaces – 2 I think! It does put me off parking there so please Lawrence centre, can you re-allocate some spaces???

Yvonne

Yeah Scotch Hall parent and baby parking is ridiculous!

The location on them in the Laurences Centre beside the wall is crazy – if I come in from Peter Street side and had to park there, the side I take A out of is against the wall, can be awkward and if I park from the other side its onto moving traffic… too much pressure!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.