The News..

Home Forums National Chat The News..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    happymumblemum
    Participant

My God….

There has been unspeakable horror on the news the last couple of days, with those poor murdered children.but still the headlines are about Money..still the forums on many web sites full with the talk of whatever the hell is going on with the banks…

God help the families of those poor kids..imagine their pain..that might take the edge off the money drama…

Is murder so normal now that we are more outraged by politicans diddling us????

Jedt
    Keymaster

I have been really saddened about what happened in Ireland this week, those poor babies, and their families – its truly shocking.

I have zoned out all the financial stuff and am trying to concentrate on getting on with things and spending time with my family, especially my children. If anyone needs reminding about what is important, those awful murders did that. Family is what matters, we need to look after each other and stick together.

We are a great nation (we just have bad leadership) and we will be great again.

Taylor5

HMM we did post up about the horror of what happened during the week… its just terrible to see kids murdered! 😯

Sabbi think you have the right idea, just live for the now and we need to remember its the little things that make kids happy and build memories etc…
    Just think back to our youth…. things like making a wish while stiring the pudding, making paper chains. helping your mam knit your jumpers (matching ones) for xmas and the pleasure of the treat of having a selection box then trading your bars and swaps with your brothers and sisters 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆
    We need to go back to our roots and protect our kids

Maria30

It was really heartbreaking to hear and read about the murders. God help their families, will keep them in my thoughts and prayers. Its hard to even imagine what those families are going through.

scole1

so so sad, this is why i try not to listen or read things anymore, i think it’s pure desperation in peoples lives…..it’s such a horrifc thing to happen and my heart bleeds…

i picked up the paper and started reading the article, i was a few lines in my eyes filling and thankfully a friend i was meeting walked in and saved me from a total full on tear session….

cherish your family…and think positive thoughts….no matter how bad things get there is always a way out for the best…

rip little angels..xx

Taylor5

cherish your family…and think positive thoughts….no matter how bad things get there is always a way out for the best…

rip little angels..xx

I have heard of some many young men taking their lives, men with young families…. i told dh i’d rather live at the side of the street in a box as long as we are together as a family…. if he lost his job i’d rather that and could live with it then him to lose his life!

pookie2

Ladies, we need to look after one another more than ever in these times.

Unemployment is hard – & particularly hard for many men (women are immeasurable tougher than the "stronger" sex when the real pressure is on).

A lot of men’s identities are closely bound up with what they do. When the job is gone, they often don’t know who they are any more. Women generally have broader bases to their personalities – we see ourselves as mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, friends. I’m not slagging men by any means, but this is the reality.

For men in particular, depression is a serious problem when unemployed. And when serious depression sets in, views of reality become distorted.
    Men rarely talk about their emotions, & they see looking for help as admission of failure. There is danger in this.

Statistics on domestic violence bear this out & we will probably find that depression played a role in the two recent tragedies.

We need to be extra vigilent in our own relationships, but we also need to look out for our friends with unemployed partners etc. This whole area is not receiving the attention it deserves.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The thing is coins and notes have no value except the value we give them. Money is an artificial concept, it’s just paper and bits of metal, and you can’t eat those or put them on you to stay warm. The valuable things are those things we genuinely need – food, clothing, shelter – and the things that help keep our spirits up – music, art, stories. In these difficult times these things require more money to get them, because we value them more.

Just googling and came across this……so true.

Taylor5

The thing is coins and notes have no value except the value we give them. Money is an artificial concept, it’s just paper and bits of metal, and you can’t eat those or put them on you to stay warm. The valuable things are those things we genuinely need – food, clothing, shelter – and the things that help keep our spirits up – music, art, stories. In these difficult times these things require more money to get them, because we value them more.

Just googling and came across this……so true.

So true…

Pookie i agree with your post, men dont cope with things like we do….. my Sisters company is hanging in there and its getting worse every week, my sister is very very worried about her dh, the pressure of staying above water and the fear of laying staff off, guys who have worked for them for as long as 14 years….. who have loans, families, etc etc….

We really really do need to look after others in times like this

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.