The measles

Home Forums National Chat The measles

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Gismo

My little man developed the measles at the weekend. Poor little man has red spots all over him. I thought once you are vaccinated that you shouldn’t get them but he got them. Have to keep him out of the creche for the week :cry:

ed1
    Participant

ah the poor little pet. i thought you couldnt get them either when they were vacinated. i do remember my little lad had a rash when he was younger all over him. my mam was convinced it was measles but doc said it was just a viral infection. to this day i still think it was a mild dose of the measles. it didnt last too long and he wasnt sick with it. hopefully your little lad will be better soon.

Gismo

Thanks ed1 just got a phone call from dh and he said he ate all his breakfast so that is a start as he didn’t eat all weekend. He is in good form thank god but a acting out with tantrums a little more than usual. But think its just because he is out of sorts plus he is coming up to the terrible twos!!

Yvonne

Gismo, thats terrible, poor C! How long can it take to get over them?

scole1

ah god, poor little thing…..hope feeling better soon…..i had the measles when i was a kid and i was vacinated against, i think people still can get them…..ah god,…..hope feeling better soon…

Gismo

Thanks Girls,

They say it takes 3 days for the spots to come out so that is why he was under the weather since wednesday..then the spots are there for 3 days and then they fade for 3 days (might be old wives tale). The spots are still mad today and his temperature keeps going up and down the whole time and he is just so out of sorts poor mite.

Yvonne

Ah God love him, calpol and tlc is what he needs, is there others in the creche with measles? How will you manage with work and L – is his/your Mam going to look after him for you?

Gismo

L on lates this week so can mind him til 3.30 every day so the mil is going to look after him after that til i get home.

Yvonne

Oh thats grand for you. Hopefully he will be right as rain soon enough.

yummymummy

sorry for stupid ? but what the difference between chickne pox and measles?? enlighten me anyone 🙂
    are the spots itchy?

Yvonne

Good question – I don’t have a clue!

munchin
    Participant

E had suspected german measles last year. wasn’t confirmed by blood test as already a confirmed case in the creche.

i looked into it at the time and all 3 Measles, German Measles & chicken pox are caused by different type of viral infections.

the German Measles is known as 3 days measles and quiet mild
    the ordinary Measles are quiet rare (as far as I know) more dangerous than German Measles
    Both forms of measles have a rash associated with them

chicken pox is a different virus & it blister tpye spots as opposed to rash

when missy had German Measles she was grand a bit cranky alright but she didn’t get the rash too bad thank god. There isn’t alot you can do Gismo, keep him comfortable, i feed E little & often and plenty of fluids.

Taylor5

God Gismo your poor little fella, I think the 3days coming 3days here and 3 going it more related to chicken pox…

Were you told to mind your ds eyes? If he has measles (as Munchin says) rather then German measles, you should watch him with bright lights. If he is very cranky just give calpol and fluids but the most important thing is keep thecurtains closed, as even day light can affect a childs eyesight….. sorry I dont want to worry you but its something doctors can forget to tell you

Gismo

Thanks Taylor my mam told me about the lights so have been keeping him in dark room since he got them. He is a lot brighter today and the spots seem to be fading. He was running around the place when I left for work this morning so he must be on the mend. 😆 😆

munchin
    Participant

ah thats great gismo – glad to hear he’s on the mend

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.