The croup

Home Forums National Chat The croup

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Gismo

Girls just got phonecall from creche to get my little man picked up. He has the croup i kinda knew this morning as we were up most of the night with him but because i’m on a verbal warning in work for my sick leave I can’t go get him so have to get my neighbour to pick him up and then get his godfather to go out to him til dh arrives home…my heart is breaking..any tips on how to treat it??

Taylor5

No Gismo
    I havent heard of the croup in a while, I remember a neighbours child had if when we were kids and my mam and his mother would steam him, steaming is great for anything with the airways and might ease the coughing.
    If you child is sick you boss should understand, my heart is going out for you…. sorry I can give anymore help to you

Gismo

Thanks Taylor..its a joke…my poor little man. The neighbour phoned me there and says he is fine and didn’t make strange with her and she is going to bring him into our house so he is use to his surroundings…just hope he settles ok til i get home..

Jenny!!!

poor little fella, i hate croup it sounds like a dog barking, the only thing is steaming really, i would bring him into the bathroom and run the hot tap in the bath or shower, and keep him in it for a little while. i think it actually sounds worse than it is. hope he is ok later.

Gismo

Thanks Jenny…bought a vaporiser thing there to try and help him through the night as he was waking up every 2 hours last night. He seems to be in fine form at home for now.

Taylor5

Gismo you can buy steamers I got one for ds in Bradleys, its a vicks on and it cost about 50 euro, but its money well spent… I have had a rotten cold for the past few weeks and have it on at night time to help me breath…..
    Even put the kettle in his room and keep putting it on boil, dont leave ds alone with the kettle…. even if you or dh sit on the floor for an hour or so after he goes asleep, you coulld go online on you lap top and do the kettle at the same time
    Good luck

Gismo

Thanks Taylor fingers crossed he wil be right as rain in no time.

Yvonne

Gismo, poor C, hopefully it isn’t as bad as it sounds… your boss is unreal, how can he refuse you time off to collect your son when he is sick…. and surely he cannot put you on a verbal warning for being off sick?? Not your fault!

yummymummy

verbal warning for being sick, is he taking the p, u had a sick note.

if u didnt have bills to pay id tell ya to go tell ur boss to stick his job where the sun dont shite, what a tosser.

sorry have no experience of the croup other than the noise of it would send ya doo lally 🙂 hope he gets better soon gis!!!

munchin
    Participant

sorry to hear c is sick – you guys are havinga run of it. As far as i know like others said steam is great for the auld air-ways.

i’d look into the whole verbal warning thing gismo – if you’ve had sick note covering you i don’t see how he can put you on a verbal warning. I’d be the one giving out the warnings here and i’d be very wary of leaving the company open to b sued for warning someone who is out sick & covered etc…… could lead to constructive dismissal etc etc

Yvonne

Good point Munchin, and I agree, Gismo, check out about that warning… doesn’t sound right to me.

Dinomum

If you have a contract of employment it should state how much sick leave you are entitled to….in any case the law states that you only need to present a doctors note for more than 3 consecutive days. A verbal warning doesnt sound right and I think your employer is taking advantage. Check out the citizens information website, it gives really good advice on this subject.

The link is http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ … sick_leave

Good luck to you…it’s hard enough being a working mum without this kind of crap from your employer !!! 😀

Taylor5

Gismo let him sack you or call his bluff, if he sacks you go straight down and sign on….. then start looking for a new job. It sounds like he would be doing you a favour as he sounds like a tosser…. He has no heart, I remember him giving out for taking time off when you brother passed away.
    I think you should look at the info Dinomum gave you, he might be treading on a thin line

Gismo

Thank you so much girls for the support…will definitely look into it…all my sick leave has been certified…would love to be SAHM and not have to deal with the guilt of both but looking for something else part-part time so hopefully something will turn up.

scole1

that’s awful check out your rights and then if they do sack you go to labour commissioners…….that’s bad though do find that employers are very much against working mom’s maybe my opinion is wrong but it’s what i’ve seen so far…..hope bab gets well soon the poor fellow….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.