Tesco

Home Forums Spot the Bargain Tesco

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, every body!!!!
    Just let you know- i went today to Tesco to buy Mascarpone cheese for Tiramisu, but ….price is up.Few days ago was 1.49 – Tesco brand, but today- 2.75!!!!!!- the same – Tesco brand. New budget or what???? :twisted: I spoke with manager- he told that prices are coming from " main office" and nothing he can do.

Taylor5

i know i’ve seen this on a few items over the past few weeks…. its not like its a few cent its a few euro per item!!!! Far too much im going to let me feet do the talking and Im going back to Dunnes or Supervalu.
    They had a big ad campain to say they were reducing there prices are they taking out full page ads to say Oh we are putting them back up now!

There are a few tesco brand items that i like and will pop up every now and then to pick them up…

carolger

Dunnes Stores is the cheapest store you can go and shop in, it also stocks all of your favourite brands unlike Tesco. Supervalu is a bit more expensive than Dunnes Stores but they always have fantastic offers.

You need to keep an eye out in Tesco as the price on the shelf isn’t always the price you are charged and this has happened to a lot of people i know who used to shop there.

Dunnes Stores, Supervalu and Superquinn bring as many of their products in from Irish distributors where as Tesco bring it in from the UK. Shopping in Tesco is like shopping in the north as the money people spend in Tesco Ireland is pumped back into the UK and not Ireland. Whilst shopping in Tesco we are helping the UK beat the recession, we should be helping our own country.

mammycool
    Participant

I do the bulk of my shopping in Dunnes and have become very price aware. They all put the prices up and down on a weekly basis.

Example: Actimel 12 pack – last couple of weeks 2.88
    Saturday – New "reduced" price – 4.77!!!!!!!

Work out the maths on that one. Found the same with Muller, and other childs yoghurts. Now, I switch between depending what is cheap on the week – refuse to buy at the inflated price, but still want yoghurts for my kids.

I go to Tesco for nappies and SuperValu for veg. There is nearly 20euro price difference in a large box of huggies and my idea of supporting Irish is supporting me and my family!!! Supervalu have the best veg and it is Irish and in season and well priced. I have managed to half my average shopping bill in the last year by going around the all.

trixiebell
    Participant

Example: Actimel 12 pack – last couple of weeks 2.88
    Saturday – New "reduced" price – 4.77!!!!!!!

Work out the maths on that one. Found the same with Muller, and other childs yoghurts. Now, I switch between depending what is cheap on the week – refuse to buy at the inflated price, but still want yoghurts for my kids.

I noticed this too mammycool, I couldnt believe that the actimel had gone back up, I didnt buy them at the 4.77 price 😯
    My shopping yesterday in Tescos came to €202 and in that was a box of formula, box of wipes, packet of nappies and 2 tops for the boys. But compared to other weeks, I definitely felt their prices creeping back up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.