Terrified!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, not sure if this is the right section!

I have an appointment with my dentist tomorrow for a filling and I am feeling terrified, just sick with nerves!

The part I am afraid of is the injection! Does anyone have any tips on how I can keep myself calm before and during.. so that I don’t cry like I normally would!
    I have bought rescue remedy so will be throwing that back but any other tips would be appreciated!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Slow steady breathing. Stay calm. Tell yourself it will be over soon and think of something else while you’re in there (I usually pretend to be on my honeymoon)

Also, remember that you have given birth – after that you can do almost anything!!

Good luck. xx

munchin
    Participant

hi Yvonne i’m as bad when it comes to dentist so know how you’re feeling

when i was pregnant on dd2 i did pregnancy yoga and she taught us a technic for labour as such BUT i’ve used it ever since if i need to calm myself – worked for me for blood tests, as well as my c-section among other things
    Take deep breath and when your releasing the breath visualise ribbons floating up from you – different colours and say the colours in your head – it works for me- Good luck xo

MaryE

Get some Rescue Remedy in a health food shop, it will calm the nerves.

Yvonne

I did read your tips today but didn’t get to post..

I got the rescue remedy yesterday and took it throughout the day when I felt the nerves coming.
    Practised breathing slowing and deeply and remembered not to grip the armrests and kept my body relaxed.

I did get a bit upset when I first got on the chair, but sat back up and composed myself and then got on with it.

Got through it much much better than I thought, pretty proud of myself!

However I am just wrecked this evening, I think the stress and worry wore me out.

rossylisa

Im like you with the dentist, I was terrified of them, I went and got my first filling at the grand oul age of 29 when I was 8 months pregnant with my Ds1 becuse it broke.I cried like a baby cos I was terrified my knuckles where white from holding on to the chair so tight. Prob need a check up soon and like you will have to work myself up to going 🙁 🙁

munchin
    Participant

it’s done now Yvonne that’s the important thing!
    Rossylisa book that appointment!
    my folks spent a fortune they didn’t have on orthodental treatment for me – i spent soooooooo much time sitting in a dentist chair you’d think i’d be well used to it BUT i still break out in a cold sweat in the waiting room and my dad was still bringing me to appointments up to a few yrs ago i’m so bloody bad 😆 😆 😆 (should point out i work with my dad and dentist isn’t far from work 😉 )

Yvonne

Rossy, just make the appointment! And then you have to work on going..

I had to get alot of work done about 15 years ago, and since then went every year for my annual check up.. this is the first bit of work I had to get done in 12 years, I’m proud of that!

However I still plank myself going to a check up!!! It is hard and the hardest part is making the first appointment, so go for it!

Munchin, lol glad I wasn’t the only one that needed support!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.