Tens machine

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Wonderwoman

Hi…quick question,i’ve heard some of ye mention a Tens machine (something like that) being used during labour, what is a tens machine??

Taylor5

I used a tens machine in labour and I didnt feel a thing.

It about the size of a walkman and has 4 little pads which you place on your back, you send a current that you control to the pads (levels 1 to 10) this stop the pain messages being sent to your brain, thats it simple as. The only thing is you have to use it from the get go, first niggle stick it on.
    The chemist in the town centre rent them for a month and the hospital also have them, I bought mine from meditens as it was only 40 dearer then renting

Wonderwoman

hi taylor, thx, i was wondering what it was..so did u have to use anything else?
    i had the epidural on my last one but i’d rather not if i can manage, have it this time round, i think it was more of a hinderance than help overall, i didn’t like the lack of control. I was hoping to keep it as natural as possible, i don’t mind using drugs, but maybe ones were i’m more in control…any advice??

Taylor5

As soon as waters broke I used the tens and then used both tens and gas and air, I used this until 7cm and didnt feel a thing. Im not jokinig not a niggle at all. I ended up having a section so I went from the bottom level right to the top level, didnt like the after affects or the epidural.
    Good luck and hope it works out, did you check out Bernice on here, she does hypnobirthing, it might be worth a look

noeleenw

its a bit like using a slendertone massage thingy i turned it up too high and nearly passed out !!!

joey_rudd

It didn’t work on me when i tried it, i could still feel the pains

Taylor5

The wires have to cross and the midwives in OLOL kept trying to straighten them out, it doesnt work if they arent crossed….

Wonderwoman

Thanks..i might give this tens machine a shot..i’ve a few months yet, but i want to be as prepared as i can..my first one was pretty difficult to say the least!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.