Teachers christmas pressies

Home Forums Louth Chat Teachers christmas pressies

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    libby

What do you spend? What do you buy?

Any ideas?????

Libby

noeleenw

the last few years we all go together give 5 euro each and 2 euro for the classroom assistant then we get a voucher for scotch hall or some where , its very handy

Taylor5

God thats a great idea, save the teacher getting a whole pile of crap

rossylisa

that is a great idea wonder would they do that in my dds school

noeleenw

we have 2 classroom reps – parents- and we sent out a note last week it saves a load of time and as you say the teacher doesnt end up with 30 candles !! 😛

ed1
    Participant

i got newbridge silver christmas ornaments for my boys teachers.

pinkbabe

me 2 elaine & have done for a few years now 8 euro each happy days

happymumblemum
    Participant

only just copped on to this ..my dd has 3 montessori teachers ..is it expected i give a present????????? And would a home made one get sneered at???????

yummymummy

got jacks teacher a set of yankee candles. have done the newbridge tha past couple of years too!!!

jacks after school is getting a box of roses and it will do them its only a gesture, after all he is only going every 3rd week now. last year i got them bottle of wine each (3) its enough.

happymumblemum
    Participant

so basically are you saying no home made stuff???? feck spending more money……dont have it 🙁

yummymummy

no there nothing wrong with homemeade stuff at all hmm. when jack finished school in the summer i was stone broke i really was so i printed off a poem on the computer and got jack to colour it in and i laminated it in the shape of a bookmark and gave it to his teacher in a card, feck that lark its a pain in the hole!!!!!! i mena no one gives me a present for looking after my little treasure PMSL!!!!

happymumblemum
    Participant

very true 😆 😆

grand so …pine cones with glitter on here we come 😆

Yvonne

The lady who minds E works in the playschool she goes to and I asked her what they usually get – she gave me a good idea, get a present for the school instead of individual teacher presents (she has 3 also), so I got the school a set of books and some sweets… should be okay!

yummymummy

exactly, if u read any thread on askaboutmoney or rollercoaster and the teachers replies are always to get homemade stuff or even a card that the child has written themselves.
    my mate is a teacher and she gets the greatest load of shite……her house is full of bath stuff (YUCK) and some mothers give in wine and chocs etc. said she prefer if she got nothing 🙂

ed1
    Participant

my friend is a teacher too and she said she really loves getting the wine and chocs. she has received a few of the newbridge silver pieces too.

i would imagine homemade stuff would be really appreciated. maybe some nice cookies or homemade sweets or something like that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.