TAX – MED1

Home Forums National Chat TAX – MED1

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    libby1
    Participant

HI GIRLS & CO,

Just did my claims on the http://www.revenue.ie – You can claim – medical expenses / bin charges / Union fees.

Why not have in their pocket – when you are due it???

Claim :lol:

yummymummy

yep did that ages ago for my bin charges 🙂

Taylor5

I still have to do it for this year, did it last feb and ended up owing the taxman 800euro 🙄

libby1
    Participant

I would normally have it done – but had to wait till hubby went back to work to get his p60.

yummymummy

that happened to my mam and dad a few years ago hahaha, maybe sometimes your better off not doing it 🙂

ed1
    Participant

I sent my Med 1 form away about 2 weeks ago. I had just over €900 in medical expenses last year with the tablets I am on and Robbies stay in hospital. I thought I might get about 100 – 200 back. Cheque came last week and it was for €587, couldnt believe it. Its definitely worth doing it.

Yvonne

Yep,done ours online too… had high expenses with having A last year, got twice as much as we thought we would get, happy days!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

i do mine every year, always have done, for anyone with health insurance you know that you can claim some of your fees on this too

scole1

we do this too, not sure if hubby claimed yet for last year no doubt he has….but we do do it, we have only done it the last 2 years as i never knew ya could claim med1 we have health insurance and always claimed that……but now do both, happy days, certainly helps, but touchwood, we don’t have many doctors visits….

mammycool
    Participant

Did this the first week of January and have not heard anything back yet – must chase them up!!! Paid all my consultancy fees before the end of last year so that I could claim at the higher rate – it is reduced to the lower rate from this year.

CC

can you fill out the med1 online or do you have to print it off?

ed1
    Participant

I am not sure, I know I printed it off but I do think someone said you can do it online, I couldnt find where to do it though……

Mammycool, definitely chase it up. When I posted it off I got the cheque back 2 weeks later.

Yvonne

You have to register with them and then you can do it online, so much easier!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.