Swine flu

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    libby1
    Participant

The preventive injection – Will you get it

I fall into the category that recommends i get it – I have chronic Asthma

I don’t know what to do?

missysmum

hiya,

both myself and my dd have chronic asthma and were both going to get it as soon as i can. would rather suffer side effects of vaccine then risk getting the swine flu and dying.(sounds dramatic but it is a possibility). i’m sure if some of those who have died had the chance to do over they would have liked the opportunity to get the vaccine. god help them and their families. i have contacted the hse and they have strongly recommended that we both get it as our immune systems would have difficulty fighting this virus because of our "weekness". i’m too afraid not to get it. dd is in creche and i’m terrified for her, she’s had so many problems already, some have been life threatening, i’ll take my chances with the vaccine, mercury and all if i have to, although i’ve been told the amount it contains is non threatening to either of us in anyway. not trying to scare anyone, but my mind is made up, i’d never forgive myself if anything happened because i didn’t get it.
    hth.

ed1
    Participant

My son is diabetic and he is getting it on Thursday. I was not going to let him get it but seen as he had a viral infection last week and his blood sugars went mad, I have decided to get him vaccinated. I would hate to see him getting the SF and having to go to hospital…….

libby1
    Participant

i have mine booked for thursday too

missysmum

we are getting done on wed, hope it all goes well for everyone.

Kate

Just to advise – I also have an underlying condition of a muscular nature and I have been advised to get the regular flu injection instead. Check with your consultant before you book this as the nurse won’t know.

libby1
    Participant

I got my vaccine today was amazed a amount of families queueing for it

Its make you think about your children

ed1
    Participant

Robbie got his yesterday too and I was also amazed with the amount of people there and the amount of children……..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.