swine flu jab

Home Forums National Chat swine flu jab

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Liverbird

sorry girls have a prob :( kids school is starting to vaccinate on wednesday. I’m still uncertain whether to get them vaccined or not. Has anyone else out there got theirs done yet and wat are the side effects. I’m more scared than they are about this. HELP :(

rossylisa

we all had it done before xmas. a sore arm for about a day or two and that is all

missysmum

Hi liverbird,

I Know, not an easy decision to make, we had it done very early due to underlying conditions, and experienced sore arm for a few days and also flu like symptoms, and temp etc, took dd about 5 days to get over it fully, but dont think this was typical. most people i’ve spoken to just had the sore arm which is not nice but bearable. HTH and good luck with your decision.

ed1
    Participant

Both myself and my son had it done in November and we didnt even get the sore arm.

munchin
    Participant

Yeah tis personal decision – we all got it done in 12th Jan
    both the kids were fine dh had cold/flu like symptoms for a few days and i had a sore arm

Liverbird

Thanks everyone. We have decided to do it 😀

noeleenw

we got it and kids had nightmares for a few nights and flu like symptoms

Taylor5

God ours before xmas, we didnt feel the jab at all as the needle is tiny, but that night ds1 and myself had sore arms, the baby got it in his leg and when changing his nappy he would cry if you touched this area..
    They did get very very sick a few days later but it was a viral infection not swine flu.
    Good luck and all you can do is your best for your child… if that means getting the jab or not getting the jab its your personal choice. its not an easy choice but go with your heart. i know loads of mums who have gotten it and an equal amount of mums who havent taken their kids for it.
    Let us know how you get on

Liverbird

Well they got it done today and not a bother on them. I’m still shaky 😆 So i decided to pop on to mumstown to let you guys know and then i noticed NOELEENW message and thank god i seen it after they got it done because if i saw that b4 they got it done i would have freaked out 😯 😯 😯 Anyway its done and dusted ❗ 😆

trixiebell
    Participant

DS1 got his done in school today also, not a bother on him getting it done, as i told him that dd got 3 last week in one day 😯

mammycool
    Participant

Still thinking about this one – dread the thought of trying to hold onto a toddler while he gets an injection – he is getting very strong!

Also, the thought of side effects and the two of them sick at the same time fills me with dread. Herself is in the middle of teething with a rotten cold this few weeks. They both went to a childminder on Friday for the first time and he was vomiting all saturday. Think I will wait until they are both in good health.

munchin
    Participant

mammycool neither of mine had any side effects at all (thank god) and dd cut her first tooth a week later

Trixie i sooooo hated those 6months inj – E2 was later getting hers between colds, getting swine flu inj & nurse being away she only got them last week – i have never heard her cry like that 😥 and she got rotten temp following day

trixiebell
    Participant

Mammycool, yep you prob should wait till they’re a bit better x

Mammycool,

They won’t do your LO’s if they are under the weather, as Trixie said, better to waituntil they are well. If it makes you feel any better the Swine Flu jab was the easiest of all the jabs my LO got (she was 15 months when she got it). The needle is very small/fine and she didn’t even notice that she had gotten it. Like you Munchin my LO kicked up murder after all her regular baby jabs so I was relieved that she took the SF jab so well. Although I have to say she was eating a pack of organix corn snacks at the time so that probably eased the pain too 😆 😉 She didn’t seem to suffer any side effects after it either, although I got it at the same time and my arm was quite sore for 3/4 days.

HTH

Liverbird

well 4 days on and not a bother out of them since although I ended up with MASSIVE swollen glands the same day and have been stuck in bed until yesterday 😥 But better now and just waitng for So You Think You Can Dance to come on 😀 Have a good weekend everyone!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.