Swine Flu – being treated

Home Forums National Chat Swine Flu – being treated

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Almae

well ladies

my dd 3yrs of age is being treated for Swine flu.

She started sneezing yesterday , that last niht began vomiting , temp was up all night , controleed best as i could with calpol, she slept fr about 2 hours all night. complained of pains in her tummy and joints, and was crying uncontrolably.
    I rang doc on call explain everything , told us to bring her straight up , we were brough in a side enterance and maskes and gowns met us.
    The doc was fantastic with her , her temp was 39 and even after calpol it was rising. did an examination and went thru everything in the last 24 hours, and this hit her fast without warning.we left after about an hour with tamiflu in hand.

Gp or doc on call are not allowed to swab for Swine flu , only if the case is in hospital.the doc says the swine flu is going to hit 1 million
    IN IRELAND this winter , he told us tehre was 4 other cases before us with suspected swine flu but were not and lilymae was the only one being treated.

have to notifiy her Summer camp , if i can contact them today , so they can tell the parents to be on the watch out.

:(:(:(

scole1

god that’s scary hope she’s feeling better…how is she today??

Almae

its only been since last night and today , she took her 1st
    tamiflu and seems okish, not improved by she said the pains are gone , so fingers crossed 🙄

scole1

will be thinking of her hope feeling better soon….

Almae

thanks a million 🙂

Fabienne

sorry to hear about your little one.

I wish her a speedy recovery.

Take care,
    Fabienne

Taylor5

God you have it rough!!!! My mam got a swab done in the gp’s ( but that was for mrsa too) …. she was given tamiflu and it lasted about 5 days, she was very very unwell like you describe, would had to see a child go through this. She got tested 1 1/2 weeks ago and nothing back, gp said labs are up to their eyes, so I would guess thats why they’ve stopped swabbing

Not meant to get my nails done 🙄 😆 😆 😆
    You mind yourself now, last thing you need is yourself and dh getting it

rossylisa

Ah the poor little thing. Hope she makes a speedy recovery

Almae

thank you to all who said well wishes, she was in wicked form going to bed , she was just shattered bless her , and she took her special tablet as she calls them the Tamiflu.

here are syptoms from HSE website

IF YOU ARE CARING FOR A CHILD

You should contact your doctor by phone if you have taken the steps above and are still concerned that the child shows any of the following symptoms:

• Fast breathing or trouble breathing

• Bluish skin colour

• Not drinking enough fluids

• Not waking up or not interacting

• Being so irritable that the child does not want to be held

• Flu-like symptoms improve but then return with fever and worse cough

• Fever with a rash.

How long does the virus live on surfaces?

The flu virus can live on a hard surface for up to 24 hours, and a soft surface for around 20 minutes.

What has changed from July 16th?

Instead of lab testing all cases, GPs will diagnose people based on their symptoms. We no longer conduct routine contact tracing and giving those contacts preventative anti-viral medicine. We are recommending to GPs that only people with severe symptoms or in high risk groups need to be prescribed antiviral medicine.

MNG

Hi Almae,

Hope your little girl gets well soon and you take care too 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

o my goodness your poor little girl 🙁 , you must be tired yourself.
    It is really bad how much technology and developed and they cant even get a vaccine for this virus!! 🙄

Taylor5

It is really bad how much technology and developed and they cant even get a vaccine for this virus!! 🙄

There is a vaccine on the way, one company has it ready but no testing as yet… others to follow

Anonymous
    Inactive

There is a vaccine on the way, one company has it ready but no testing as yet… others to follow

Hi i know about the vaccine but like you said it is on the way, i have also heard there are side affects with kids on it!! its very scary! how many more people will be wiped out with this?

Kate

That is really frightening Alison, I hope she is running around playing soon. x Kate.

Taylor5

I know I was talking to my doctor last week and he said he thinks I should get ds2 done due to his weak lungs, ds1 I think is okay but would still like him done… I know the side affects can be as bad as the flu its self but if god forbid you child got this and ended up in a bad way, would you not question youself saying "would things have been better/easier on them if I let him get the jab"

Its a tough one and Im still up in the air about it, going to his consultant next week so Im going to ask her what she thinks, I wouldnt be worried if he had good healthy strong lungs, but he still has fluid in his lungs and get relapses every few weeks…….. if he got this my fear would be that he wouldnt survive due to "underlining illness!"
    There is no right or wrong answer, all mammies should go with their hearts on this just like the mmr……. do what best for your child and pray if they get it that its mild and they are strong enough to fight it…..
    Alison I have my mam praying for lilymay and you seen how well ds2 has come on (has to be my mothers prayers) In fact everyone on mt keep lilymay in your prayers
    xxxxxxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.