surrogate mother available in dublin.

Home Forums Conception, Fertility, Multiples, Adoption & Fostering surrogate mother available in dublin.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    duckiedoo

Wow!!! I salute you marieg, very brave move indeed, dont think i could go down that road on either side of the fence though, a very tough road on both sides, even though it would not be my baby i would struggle to part with it after the birth and the fear of being let down by the surrogate at the end would be just too much heartache for me if i was longing for a baby made by myself and dh.

You will have to be prepared for much tougher questions and opinions than these if you are going to go through with this, i know for a fact if i were considering you or anyone else as a surrogate that i would want a psych and medical evaluation carried out first before i would enter into anything involving a child. It is a wonderful gift to give to a couple, it’s beyond words what it would mean to someone to be given such a gift as a child.

I wish you good luck and happiness with everything you do.

Taylor5

i never looked into the legal side but dh and i have spoken about it, kind of in jest but with a serious undertone iykwim

I have Endometriosis and my GP said there is no cure but being pregnant can do alot, after i had ds1 my symptoms vanished and after ds2 back with a bang… we think we dont want anymore kids so being pregnant 24/7 isnt practical, thats how we came about talking about surrogate pregnancies.

I did google (about a year ago) and found a post from a girl in America who had choosen to go down this road, but she was getting well paid for what she did.
    Also another girl in the UK who was give alot of negavtives, she siad she found the whole egg harvest and replant very traumatic and she had a few attempts at implants to get a pregnacy… she did say during this time she couldnt have sex with her husband and it was something she didnt understand before she signed up, she said she was happy she did what she did but would never do it again, as she couldnt cope with the whole emotional side of the process
    Might be worth looking into

fair play to you, Marie. I hope you find someone you can help which suits both situations. Ray D’Arcy had couple write in last year looking for a surrogate…might be worth an email!!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Yep, Ray is great for topics like this, you can contact the show at ray@todayfm.com

This would be really interesting to have on the radio. let us know if he comes back to you, I would like to tune into a discussion on this.

Good luck.

Moonflower

good for you Marie, your offer would of been something I may of considered myself a few years back..& i am sure you will find someone who would so love to take you up on your offer…it does sound strange to advertise your services on a website of this kind but if you look at things in reality where else can you let people know what you would like to do,especially here in ireland..so thanks to wonders of the internet.

What you are offering is an unbelievably selfless thing to do & would bring so much happiness to a couple suffering from infertility…& i do use word suffering as when you are in depths of it..thats what it feels like.

well done u Marie!

scole1

think it’s a great thing to do for someone, i know i couldn’t do it…too emotional having my own that to do that for someone else i don’t think i would be strong enough…however egg donation is something i would consider if i had the info on that and really looked into it…

you are offering a long awaited life for someone who really wants to have a child and think you are brave to do it…

i know seems odd to advertise here on a parenting forum but like many said before where do you start the search for this……

best of luck and hope someone will find joy in your kindness…

Moonflower

bump up for Chickpea 🙂

chickpea

thanks moonflower

interesting stuff there but not sure how genuine that lady is if she cant answer a few questions about a very serious issue…where she thinks people were argueing makes me think she wouldnt be able for the roller coaster ride that would be involved… and the fact that she has nover replied?????makes me question if its a genuine offer or just a money making racket…

if anyone has any genuine info on surrogacy i would really appreciate it 😛 😛 😛

Moonflower

dont give up Chickpea…i am sure if you search enough on net & ask questions you will be given some leads to help you…there has to be a way somehow to do this from ireland…..i think i would prefer a family surrogate as it would be a worry that the mum would not hand baby over…….

Taylor5

Is it hard to donate eggs? Whats involved?

Moonflower

its not an easy process..similar to ivf prodecure..you have to take drugs to stimulate ovaries first then have to undergo a prodecure to have eggs removed under sedation..not painfree but not that bad really when you think of the good you could do… 🙂

only thing is that most places dont accept eggs for donation from anyone over 35 🙁 🙁

CaliGal

It’s like IVF Taylor. Daily hormone injections and then a procedure to harvest the eggs at the end of the month..

Taylor5

its not an easy process..similar to ivf prodecure..you have to take drugs to stimulate ovaries first then have to undergo a prodecure to have eggs removed under sedation..not painfree but not that bad really when you think of the good you could do… 🙂

only thing is that most places dont accept eggs for donation from anyone over 35 🙁 🙁

Well the younger the eggs the better!!! But that rules me out as im 37… would you have to go to Dublin or could you donate local

Moonflower

unless its changed in recent times the sad thing is that i dont believe Irish women are allowed to donate their eggs to other irish women… 🙁 i know it used to be that irish women had to go to spain etc for donated eggs..it may of changed or may be different if you are donating to a relative….but it would be via one of fertility clinics it is done & based in dublin…

i know some clinics in Uk offer a scheme where you share your eggs if you do IVF & then you get it at a reduced price but there was no such options here when we did it… 🙁

same with frozen embryos that are no longer needed by a couple..if they feel their family is complete..the embryos have to be destroyed here in ireland..they cannot be adopted by another couple as in other countries..so sad as this option would open things up to so many couples who are struggling with unsucessful IVf attempts….

Taylor5

What they destroy the Embryos over here…. its shocking!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.