surrogate mother available in dublin.

Home Forums Conception, Fertility, Multiples, Adoption & Fostering surrogate mother available in dublin.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    marieg

Hi Marie – have you done this before??? Sounds like you’re busy with 5 kids already….you must love being pregnant to want to do it again?

marieg

Im 28,non smoker,married and have 5 wonderful children
    Im active and enjoy walking , karate and reading alot.
    Iv never had any problems convieveing and no miscarriages.
    contact me via email anytime
    x

marieg

I have never done this before no.
    You are right I adored being pregnant,was the most rewarding time.
    Iv had my family now though,I do not want anymore of my own,let alone could not afford to 🙂 5 is quite enough for me.
    Quite happy to be able to do this for others.

happymumblemum
    Participant

Hi Marie

Sorry for my ignorance I didn’t realise it was legal to advertise surrogacy services? Or is it only if you get paid for doing so?
    I don’t mean to be insensitive or anything , I am just curious..and how does the legal side work..what if you change your mind..

I am sure you wouldn’t mind answering questions seing as you advertised your services on a public forum..

Only intrigued ..

marieg

it is not legal to sell your self as a surrogate mother no,i do not see the harm in trying to help somoeone though,do you?
    Please do not post messages of this sort as I have no wish to argue with anyone over something that may not even be of interest to you,but more fr you to question.
    Thank you
    Kind regards

Taylor5

Marieg i think your very brave to offer yourself as a surrogate, i do think its a very grey area in Ireland.
    I know two people who cant have children and its always crossed my mind on doing but after checking it out, there is alot involved.
    I hope this is a genuine post and i wouldnt like to see people getting hurt, if anyone wants answers im sure you could pm.

I think your great that there are still kind caring people who tresure what they have and would just like to pay it forward xxxx
    All the best

marieg

Taylor..
    Thank you for that,I ask for noothing but the reward of helping.I would not be using my own eggs so it would not be my child regardless.
    Regarding the trust issue anyone may have,I would gladly go through any legal procedure to ensure my loalty
    x

CaliGal

I am a sucker for new information so curiously enough I did some online research…

AFAIK this is legal in Ireland..So the process can be done but not paid for..

It adds that gestational surrogacy is lawfully permitted in only a few European countries. “Although legal in Ireland for several years, its clinical deployment here awaited assent from the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland’s Institute of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists, which came in 2006.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre … ing33.html

Some interesting reading on the rights or all parties and parents named on birth cert here:

In surrogacy, a legal contract is entered into between the biological parents and the surrogate mother, and a fee is agreed. That all sounds quite straightforward; however, quite predictably, it’s the legal side of the situation that brings complications because, at present, Ireland has no legislation in place to cover potential legal issues that arise.

Briefly, couples should know that, under present Irish law, the legal status of their biological child is as follows:

* The birth mother of a child born through surrogacy is always the legal mother and the birth certificate of the infant will reflect this.
    * If the surrogate mother is married, her husband is considered the legal father of the child and is registered as such on the birth certificate.
    * If the surrogate mother is single, then her name alone appears on the birth certificate.
    * Neither of the biological parents has automatic rights of guardianship over the child.

One option for Irish couples considering surrogacy is to legally adopt their own child after it is born, but they must ensure beforehand that they can actually qualify as adoptive parents under our very stringent screening process.

http://waitingroom.ie/2010/07/23/surrogacy-in-ireland/

Taylor5

yes thats true had a look online myself, so you have to adopt your own child
    Marieg just being nosey but you must have young kids, as you are very young yourself, have you thought of how your own kids would cope with you being a surrogate? You dont have to answer of course

hjs

i did a quick google before out of interest , not doin again, but it said there is currently nothing on statute books in Ireland regarding surrogacy, so I guess if it’s not regulated, neither can be the advertisng or otherwise thereof be? Just pondering…Also, about 5 couples per year had been goin to UK for this until some thing came into play there about u have to be perm res in UK to get a baby from a surrogate legally declared u own. Sure if anyone wanted to google it they could find whatever link i was reading and decide on its veracity for themselves.

Personally, I think its probabaly one of a few things that would come into my head as the ultimate selfless act, although can c how it would be a legal and emotional quagmire. Gotta be in someone’s shoes, either side of the coin before you can make a really informed judgement i guess…

happymumblemum
    Participant

No Marieg I am not interested in this service but as I said in my post I was intrigued, where you thought I was interested in an argument I don’t know.

I would have thought you would have been happy to answer questions and yourself bring this topic out of the dark seeing as you have such strong emotions on it..this is a parenting forum and I have actually enjoyed reading the responses from other posters on this topic.

Of course I could sit and google for information but like most people I enjoy posting on this forum when I have a few seconds in between the daily business and have for years and years..wouldn’t be any point in having a forum like this if no one responded to peoples posts, generating discussion and interest.

Taylor5

HMM i agree, i did google and have a look for myself, but i still had a few questions for mariag…. I have no intrest in this service either, but i do thing it is a great service and people who offer this service have to be admired

Jedt
    Keymaster

Marieg,

This is a very interesting and emotive topic and I think it will generate lots of good discussion. Surrogacy is a selfless act although it is still very under the radar here in Ireland so not many people know about it or talk about it.

You may want to try to develop a thicker skin about it and not be too sensitive when people ask questions; as people are bound to be curious and you have to expect that you will be asked why you want to do it and if you know anyone who has done it etc so don’t take that personally, people are just curious.

Happymumblemum was only asking what most people were thinking. If you are going to post that you are interested in being a surrogate you’ll have to get used to be asked questions like these. I don’t think hmm was being argumentative, she was just trying to find out more about what you had posted

Have you had any interest from any couples about it?

happymumblemum
    Participant

Absolutely correct, just didn’t know anything about it…I think Sarah Jessica Parker used one for her new babies but again I don’t think she spoke about it much either, or maybe I missed it.

Never heard of anyone I know doing this.. a very kind act definately one to be admired, it must take some one very special to do this..

It is very emotive though..

I couldn’t do it for a stranger though..possibly a close relative..

Jedt
    Keymaster

I think if it was one of my sisters or a close relative and she could not have a baby, then maybe I would think about. Its a huge undertaking. But its an amazing thing to do…imagine the happiness it would give the couple in question.

Yep, Sarah Jessica Parker used a surrogate. She said trying and not being able to get pg but huge strain on their marriage so this was the ideal solution for them.

Definitely a noble thing to do – its good to be talking about it, not often it pops up for discussion.

I wonder if anyone knows someone who has done it and how it all went? Its seems very hush hush in Ireland

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.