Success

Home Forums National Chat Success

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    pookie2

At the age of forty I ran my first 5km race last Sat and finished it. Admittedly I walked a wee bit in the middle, but it was in Jenkinstown Forest and part of it was a MOUNTAIN (God job I didn’t know that in advance!). Aiming for another one on 6pm 31st in Dundalk if anyone wants company…

Jedt
    Keymaster

Brilliant – well done Pookie!!! My sister and I did a 10km last Saturday, jogged some but walked most admittedly but felt great about doing it. Clears the head and makes you feel good!!

pookie2

Did 2nd 5km in Edinburgh end of May. Hot & big climb in the middle but happy to finish in 35 min.

Baby bro did 10km in 40 min – 19th out of nearly 2500 runners. i have a long way to go!

Taylor5

Wow your brother did great, baby steps there missus, you will be slaughtering your baby bro in no time.

I have only seen this post, the next time your doing a local run i would be up for it

munchin
    Participant

i finally got my runners out and dusted them off and did a 4mile walk yesterday morning – have to get back into it and hope to do the great run next year – i’ve done the great run before but have never run it completely would love to run the whole 10km.
    Well done Pookie 😉

Taylor5

God woman i have to get back into it, i was doing 6k every evening and 20k on my bike…. now i wouldnt have the energy to walk to the gate!! But hubby has given me a kick up the ass, he told me to book the summer holiday, so ass is starting to move again this evening!! 😆 😆 😆 😆 If not i will have Green Peace making stops at the beach im on! 🙄

Jedt
    Keymaster

My feet were a bit sore after the mini marathon but my legs were grand, no aches in my shins or anywhere so guess thats a good sign.

However, I expect to have some pain after I start lab fitness bootcamp on 25th June, that’s gonna be tough but I have a goal, 6 weeks to get back into a size 12 and reduce my wobbly bits to a respectable level of wobble!! Not aiming for flat tummy, just less jiggly. LOL!!! 😆 😆

Taylor5

Well your in the best place to move a few inches, you get an amazing fun workout there, good luck

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.