Stretch Marks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Missymay

I cant believe it, just ten days to go and I suddenly got stretch marks. I thought I was lucky and got away with the stretch marks. They are so itchy although I am lashing on the moisturiser and oils, am now using calamine lotion and cold packs on the area. Any one know anything else to soothe them or to treat them after the pregancy.

ed1
    Participant

Bio oil is supposed to be brilliant. never tried it myself but have heard its good. worth a try ❗

Taylor5

Bio Oil or palmers coco butter is great too… I used the bio oil when preg on ds and the day before he was due I got one tiny stretch mark but it was at my belly button and it turned out its inside my bellybutton now, Thank God….. The bio oil will help after the birth, good luck

joey_rudd

i used bio-oil on my 1st pregnancy and was still covered in stretchmarks, i’m even worse now….pity the fathers don’t get all that too!

Taylor5

I think its something in your genes? Well thats what I read somewhere…. so if your mother didnt get them you shouldnt
    Dont know if thats true, my mum had 6 kids and not one sm my 2 sisters have 3 kids between them and they dont have sm either

joey_rudd

i think its a mix of genetics and whether your hydrated enough which i know oi wasn’t….(not good) hate drinking water when i was pregnant it tasted awful

kasia

i used almond oil, from the health shop…. it did help with the 1st but with the second i put 20kg so eee very little was able to hold off stretch marks 😥 😥

Missymay

I was lashing on the Bio oil and it seemed to be doing the trick, I am pretty huge, so I thought If I didnt get them by now I never would, never say never though, will continue to lash on everything oils etc.

Taylor5

The skin just gets sooo tight in the last few days, good luck and keep lashing the oil on

Missymay

You are right, I thought it such a gradual thing that the skin would stretch alright but not this, at least I wont be worrying about the skin if I have another child.

Taylor5

I remember the week before I had ds my tummy got soooo hard and the skin got so tight I felt like I would but burst. Dont worry too much

munchin
    Participant

think if you’re gonna get them you’ll get them
    my mam never did but both my sis did one particularly bad and it really annoys them that i at eldest having baby didn’t get one.

Yvonne

My Mam got them too and so did I, pretty badly, my sister only got a couple! 😈 What made mine worse was when I put aloe vera gel on them to ease the itch, my skin reacted to it, so done myself more harm than good!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.