strange

Home Forums National Chat strange

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    scole1

think i had a little visitor to my house to day, had the back door open and hoovered and washed the floors and aired the house, later i noticed pooh under the kitchen table, looked like yoghurt and chocolate drop, thought that’s strange, then went into playroom, it’s at back of house beside kitchen iykwim, and noticed 3 more blobs, checked it out was bird dropping…..that’s odd never heard any flapping aroud the kitchen, no bird nothing, seacrhed everywhere, none to be seen, i’m bemused by the whole thing thought i’d share…..keep getting loads of robins around mom says bad luck sign of death…..bloody hope not with me expecting,…..just thought would share….

joey_rudd

my sister keeps coming home to find a bird flying round her kitchen even though the windows not open, no idea how its getting in either
    i wouldn’t worry about the robins, its the same as magpies i’ve loads of both around my house and nothings happened yet

Gismo

Hi girls, last year I woke one morning and there was a huge crow in the fireplace. He got in through the chimney…could they be getting in and out that way?? It was huge and I couldn’t understand how a bird that size could get down the chimney. My poor hubby had such a job getting the bird out of the sitting room window 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Moonflower

Hi Scole,

Very strange…but I wouldnt worry again about Robins…yes they are not always a good sign but they are also a sign that someone close is near who has passed over….I had a miscarriage recently and on the morning it happened a Robin flew into my kitchen….but I take it as a sign of comfort that my dear nan was there for me….also my dad appears as a blackbird whenever I need his support…so try to look at it as a sign of support not of impending sadness….

Nature is a wonderful thing that offers so much comfort it…….

Moonflower xxx

Ps…just watch mice this time of year… I always used to leave my back door open for my dogs to come in and out but a soon as its starts getting chilly those little rascals nip in as well…especially if you are like me and feed birds…..dont even want to mention the R.. word but they are also more common then we think in gardens…..

pps anyone who has problem with mice there are some wonderful humane tip tap traps you can buy that catches them alive and then you can let them go next day, maybe down beach etc…saying that where we used to live we had loads of mice and used to do this daily and was tempted to start marking them with a marker as people said they woudl come back even if you took them miles awaY!

joey_rudd

just found some little signs that mice are in our hotpress this morning i’m going to have to take out everything and wash it and search for the little brats 😡

sorry about your miscarriage moonflower

Happymammy

Ive just got rid of mice from my house they where everywhere!! I left the doors open also to dry the floors. They where on the window sills and i found poo in both the girls bedrooms and i just couldnt be humane i just wanted them out! So we put down loads of traps and caught them. They would just run out infront of ya aswell no fear little buggers! In bed the other night and we could hear the scratchin up in the attic again!! NIGHTMARE!
    It sounded huge! If i see a rat im out of here and i wont be back! 😯

joey_rudd

haven’t seen them yet but just found droppings so far, heared them
    i’m all set to go searching for them tomorrow plus cleaning up the whole house if i can
    if i see a rat i’ll be gone too

Moonflower

Oh i know when we first found out we had them, a house very similar to yours Joey, bungalow…I couldnt sleep put my feet down from sofa or anything and then when we caught one in mousetrap and saw how sweet they were i cried and couldnt bear to kill anymore….so thats why we used the tip tap ones as soon as they go in you here them tip tapping. I know what you mena though as they got into my DS chest of drawers….and was awful to see droppings on his little baby clothes so had to stop using the drawers until we had got rid of mice. Thankfully he slept in out bedroom with us….

joey_rudd

i’m not touching the traps thats dh’s job theres no way i’d be able to do that
    we used to have a great cat who caught the mice very quickly didn’t have any in the house for 12 yrs till he died, i’d get one now but i don’t think its a good idea right now
    i still feel sorry for the mice though, but not very hygenic

Moonflower

Oh yes i know Joey, the littel ones have to come first…..such a shame teh mice dont learn that theres no such thing as a free ride……or a free warm in their case…. 🙂

joey_rudd

yeah that would be great if they did

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.