Stitch ‘N’ Bitc*

Home Forums Louth Chat Stitch ‘N’ Bitc*

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Martina
    Participant

If your looking for somewhere cheap to hold the Stitch n’Bitch and thinking of mornings ask some of the coffee shops. If you pick a day early in the week, not a busy shopping day you can bet they will be more than interested in hosting you as long as you all buy a cup of coffee or something from them. Some GAA Clubrooms would also be glad of the business but they tend to be big spaces, if there are 8 of you, your really only looking for a corner.

Then again the one in Dundalk is held in the Spirit Store which is known as one of the best Live Act Venue’s in Ireland, so if your wanting an evening slot, again as long as its not a weekend night, you will probaly find the local pub won’t mind you taking up a corner, if a couple of you buy something.

I’m in a voluntary committee and we meet free of charge every tuesday night in a pub in Dundalk for free. At least one person will always buy a drink and the landlord says that’s one person extra he wouldn’t have had there if we weren’t meeting in his pub!

sunshineorla

I’m interested in joining up. I would prefer evening times. Just something to get me out of the house of an evening time and I would have dh home to mind wee man. I’d say any pub wouldn’t mind us coming in and having tea and coffees or whatever.

missysmum

yeah i’m still interested too, evenings suit me as dh can babysit.

Bri_Bear

Hi Girls,

I just phoned the Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club and they would do it for €50 for 1 hour in the evening. If we wanted tea and coffee it’s €2.50 per head.

Let me know so we can get the ball rolling on this one…

sweetpea1979

evenings do suit me better – but at this stage it’s question of what time would we be looking at?

sunshineorla

I dont think we should pay for somewhere when there is lots of places that would be glad of our business, even if it’s just a few coffee’s and what not. 50 euro is taking the piss. If we do it on maybe a wednesday night then it’s a defo quiet nights in the pubs so we would have good options

missysmum

I’m ok with either? dont mind paying a small amount or not? just an appropriate place that suits all is best!

Taylor5

Hi Girls,

I just phoned the Boyne Valley Hotel & Country Club and they would do it for €50 for 1 hour in the evening. If we wanted tea and coffee it’s €2.50 per head.

Let me know so we can get the ball rolling on this one…

Sorry 50 euro for what?!!!! Deffo taking the piss, half the pubs in ireland are empty midweek, would snap your hand off at a regular few clients sending a few euro!!! Is this sewing or knitting….

travelgirl

hi ladies,
    hope you have all had a good christmas and new year, i can only do evenings, the later the better really, around 8pm? work mon – fri in a school so mornings are out? how many people do we have that would be interested?

cut and paste name see how many we have, might be easier to get a place if we know how many we have:

travelgirl aka gemma!!

Pastela

I would be interested in joining the knitting group. Either in the mornings before 1pm or evenings afte 8pm would suite

sunshineorla

hi ladies,
    hope you have all had a good christmas and new year, i can only do evenings, the later the better really, around 8pm? work mon – fri in a school so mornings are out? how many people do we have that would be interested?

cut and paste name see how many we have, might be easier to get a place if we know how many we have:

travelgirl aka gemma!
    sunshineorla

missysmum

Stitch and Bitch Evenings After 8pm :

travelgirl aka gemma!
    sunshineorla
    Missysmum

pollytartt

Hi all, Happy New Year- I would love to tag along. Evenings after 8 are best for me too.
    Polly

mayerka

all the best in new year
    what a great idea 🙂 love the name 😀
    i would be interested in joining the s’n’b inthe evenings.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.