Stitch ‘N’ Bitc*

Home Forums Louth Chat Stitch ‘N’ Bitc*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    travelgirl

Hi all, i was just wondering if there is anything like this in Drogheda or nearby, have a few friends who are part of this group throughout the country. It is where a group of ladies meet up in different houses, meet up do do different individual knitting, crochet or sewing projects…and of course to have few cups of tea, coffee…eats and a good ole chat?? If there are a few who would be interested in this maybe we could start a new group????

thanks for reading :D :D

scole1

lol the name…have heard of knitting natters before was in drogheda somewhere not sure was ages ago….but good idea though

sweetpea1979

i do a bit os knitting and can do sewing but i am a total novice at both but with a bit of practice i could probably remember everything i learnt at school!!! let us know how you get on..maybe i’ll join yall 😉

travelgirl

hi trudylynch,
    complete novice myself too!!! friends of mine were talking about knitting, i hadn’t done it since primary school, but bought a cheap ball of wool and knitted a very bad scarf!! so hoping that if people wanted to meet up i could rob a few tips off them!!! where do u live, i’m in grange rath?
    Scole, i think it is very big in US (as is everything!!) few groups around the country, great recession beater…knit your own winter woolies!

sweetpea1979

hi travelgirl – i am in grange rath too…..maybe if we get a few girls or fellas together we can share tips….that’ll funny to start off with – the blind leading the blind!!! 😛 😆 😆 😆 😆

scole1

can see this turing into a recession desperate hpousewives, knitting sewing having a good laugh and a glass or 2….

can’t knit or sew allergic to woola nd knickle…i swear…..seriously i am, incase you think taking the mick…..in school did knitting and sewing that’s how discovered majority of allergies and my nan had to do my knitting…was very handy…aced the class… 😉

Taylor5

my mam attends one of these clubs on a Wednesday in Dublin, they go to a local pub for coffee, think its a way for the oaps to get out of their houses and saves them using their Oil (well in my mams case) 😆 😆 😆

I’d love this but havent even go a clue how to put up stitches on a needle

travelgirl

taylor5, i was exactly the same, seen the pics of cardis, hats, leg warmers that my friends had made….though sure i can do that, i did it in school..had to go on you tube to show me how to do it, and in the end I do have a very basic scarf, wearable but by no means fashionable!!!
    My friend loves her meeting, got her out of the house and meeting new people, goes to a different house every 2 weeks and everyone has to bring a dessert (probably not every week!!!)
    I am up for it if other people are?????? I have been looking for wool, needles in drogheda but cannot find any shops anymore, so on internet buying up balls of wool..tried http://www.craftyalley.com

sweetpea1979

try ebay – o got all my needles on there – knitting ones 🙂 😛 😛
    wool i got in lidl when they have them in….have some spare so can always give u a few balls to play with….. 😆 😆 😆 i mean knit!!!!

scole1 you so trying to get out of this 😉 😉 – just kidding….let us know what happens….

Taylor5

There is a knitting shop up opposite callan computers on narrow west street, up the little lane beside the pub cant think of the name of the pub….

CaliGal

there is a stitch n bitch at the Spirit store in Dundalk weekly last I heard 😉

They meet every Tuesday night between 7.30pm and 9pm (depending on how much fun we have we sometimes stay later!) at the Spirit Store bar/live music venue, on Georges Quay

Ph: 042 9352697 (After 4pm)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stitch-n- … 703?v=wall

Maman1

Let me know if you start one club like that I would also be interested in joining.
    I took a design course when I was 15 and made a pair of trousers and a top…
    Got a sewing machine only 2 months ago in order to make my curtains at home and my mum came over and made the ones for the entrance, I still have to get my things together and make the rest of the house’s curtains.
    I also find it hard to find the fabric…
    Best shop so far that I found is Hickeys in Dublin on Henry Street.

Maria30

That sounds like a great idea.

I recently got a ball of wool and needles off my granny just for something to do in the evenings. I used to find myself getting bored and then I start picking at food mainly crap so now I pick up needles and knit instead. I havent knitted anything in particular but it has saved me from putting on weight!!!

yummymummy

Its Bredas wool thats beside callans..she used to work in tullys!

My mam has started knitting again after about 15 years..knitting wee cardis for my brothers impending baby next year 🙂

My aunt has been doing cross stich for years…you can get magazines with mini ones to start off with..have to say I enjoyed doing that when I actually did it…might start up again.

travelgirl

this is sounding good!! how many people do we think would be interested in this, as i said i am in grange rath as is trudylynch, we could start in one house and move to someone else the following week, fortnight etc???
    i would be up for it, butprobably not till after xmas and most evenings suit me?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.