Stir Fry Sauce

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there,

I am looking for a receipe for a Stir fry sauce that is kiddie friendly. The off the shelf versions tend to be very strong and are not popular. Does anyone know of one for either beef or chicken that would be popular with small kids?

I am trying to get away from buying sauces – no idea what is in half of them. Just want to add flavour to food without all the additives.

thanks

Financial Companion
    Participant

Mammycool, I sometimes stir fry chicken and there’s usually still some olive oil that I used to sizzle the chicken and veg, and then I pour in some soy sauce and squeeze some lemon juice in (you could also add either honey or red wine ((for adults!)) depending on taste.) It’s not soaked in a sauce, more just flavoured and coloured but it goes down well 😉

Jedt
    Keymaster

lime juice is fab, I often use it instead of lemon, just for a change!

add that to some honey, chillies and a bit of low salt soy sauce – that goes well on beef & chicken.

oriordan

add that to some honey, chillies and a bit of low salt soy sauce – that goes well on beef & chicken.

Never come across low salt soy sauce. Can you buy that somewhere?

twink
    Participant

Not surehow old your kids are – but I just add a spoon of peanut butter to meat and veg’s and I love it, and the kids do too- hubby would prefer it with more sauce….but if it’s put on the table, he eats it 😀 😆

Financial Companion
    Participant

Never come across low salt soy sauce. Can you buy that somewhere?

Tesco have the reduced salt soy sauce oriordan 😉

mammycool
    Participant

Hmmm, thanks – lots of ideas there. I shall start cooking and see what they like. Not so sure about the peanut butter – the kids tried it once and were not impressed. Worth a second try though!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.