st patricks day and kids drinking!!!

Home Forums Louth Chat st patricks day and kids drinking!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Was really shocked last night to see so many very young kids out drinking and they had no problem walking down the street drinking from their cans. My parents were also out for a walk during the day and saw the guards dispersing some kids drinking in town. I think its a real problem when so many children (and they are still children) are drinking so openly on St. Patricks day (or any other day). I don’t get the bit where they go home, surely their parents know they have been drinking!!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

saw two boys, they looked about 13 drinking from cans, very sad and shocking to see that, especially out on the streets in the daytime!

libby1
    Participant

I BLAME THE PARENTS AND SOCIETY.

GIVING MONEY AND NOT KNOWING WHERE THEY ARE??????
    NO EXCUSES ……

millie2

Dunno why people are surprised, its been going on for years, I cant say much because I had my first drink at 14 and Im sure so did plenty of others on this site!!

libby1
    Participant

I worry quite a lot about this.. My ds will be 13 in November and my neice will be 13 in July.

millie2

I know,It is really scary,They are only kids and they seem to be drinking in public alot more now, They dont seem to care who sees them

Anonymous
    Inactive

Its the 1st year ive seen so many younger kids drinking so openly. Not trying to hide it at all,walking down the street with cans in their hands.we know there is an element of underage drinking associated with st patricks day for many years but this year just struck me as different. I wonder who buys the drink for them…someone has to and these kids looked more like 14 than anywhere near 18. It takes a strong kid these days to be comfortable and confident enough in themselves to not just follow the crowd but they are out there.i still have big issues with ‘children’ being drunk.

Taylor5

Dunno why people are surprised, its been going on for years, I cant say much because I had my first drink at 14 and Im sure so did plenty of others on this site!!

i always went drinking with my friends on paddys day, we would have a few cans (but about 16 or 17 at the time) we would HIDE our cans, then trek up the mountains to the hellfire club (in the middle of the forest in Dublin mountains)
    i seen 3 girls no more then 13 walking along drinking on Shop street, that squad car was stopped at the lights, they had to have seen them, but off they went with their drink..
    Also a group of lad about 12 behind the town centre, we were at the bank machine and the im not joking i was stunned with the filth was coming out of their mouths 😯 😯 😯

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.