Sprained wrist, slapped cheek and no sleep!!!

Home Forums National Chat Sprained wrist, slapped cheek and no sleep!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

What a weekend!!

Did a 10km for charity Saturday morning, tried to watch Patrick’s day parade in the afternoon in Balbriggan (but the torrential rain hampered us!), went to visit family forMother’s day and then had a birthday partyfor our 7 year old bank holiday Monday.

As if all that was not tiring enough, our 4 year old caught her arm while playing at the birthday party and we ended up in A&E with her. After a 4 hour stint there, it seems the poor little thing has tissue damage…..she did not want to get the x-ray and it was a nightmare holding her for it so we have to go back again in few days to make sure nothing broken.

And our 8 year old has a very red face – but there not seem to be anything else wrong with him, he just looks like he got a clatter on the cheek!!

On top of all that, the 7 month old is snuffly again and coughing and teething so she has not been sleeping either.

I think I need coffee, red bull and a coke to get me started today :lol: :lol:

Jedt
    Keymaster

Have to say, last night we used Nasofed drops on our daughter and they worked really well. For the first time in a few weeks she actually slept for a few hours continuously. These are made by Ovelle in Dundalk and are a really great product, only sorry we did not come across them sooner! cannot recommend them highly enough, anything that helps our baby sleep for 6 hours straight is a genius product in our eyes!

The 4 year old is propped up on the couch now, with her new Kermit the frog soft toy (we had to promise her that to get her to sit for the x-ray) and with a blanket over her, looking very sad with her sore arm. We are giving her calpol and watching her but not really much else we can do. Just lots of extra hugs & cuddles….and there’s no shortage of those for her!

boo

You certainly had an eventful weekend hope all on the mend now. Sounds like your 8 year old has this;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_disease

My friends daughter had it last week apparently running through her school in Dublin. As far as I know it is very common and goes fairly fast so hopefully nothing to worry about.

munchin
    Participant

you know the more i hear that slapped cheek is doing the rounds the more i’m convinced dd1 had it! I did take her to the doctor who said it was just a viral rash she had but she most definitely had the 2 big bright red cheeks – my first instinct when i came home from work the night she had the rash was to ask had the other child slapped her – her face literally looked like someone had whalloped her on the cheek. In hindsight the rash was on her torso but the worst place after her face was her upper arms they were very very angry looking.

She was fine though – they say it’s infectious – until the rash appears or so i was told by a nurse. On the first day she was a bit washed out looking and quieter than normal – after that she was totaly fine.

Sabbi sounds like you had a mad mad weekend – hope the week ahead is calmer 😉

Jedt
    Keymaster

Such is life with 4 little ones – just grateful they are all on mend. I saw some very ill children in hospital yesterday and that is terrifying, the thought of something seriously wrong with them is too awful to think about it.

Could be slapped cheek, he has no rashes anywhere else and no temp and he is eating fine, its just a red face! its kind of weird! kids eh???

chewieodie
    Participant

DS was like that with the slap cheek…. no temp, nothing different with food… just the face and then the body… arms in particular. Poor DD landed up with the temp etc… and not well…. but the one who was worst off was myself… I’m working through the adult version… and it hits the respiratory system, and the joints….. still kind of feel like I’ve been run over by a truck, yet the kids are grand…. joys hey? At least I didn’t get the rash! lol

Moonflower

i dont think theres one family i have spoken to at mo who havent had run of sickness and illnesses…especially the slapped cheek thing…hope all little ones start feeling better with spring now on horizon…and the big ones chewie..sounds awful the adult version 🙁

munchin
    Participant

oh chewie i heard the adult version was worse – it’s pretty mild in most children infact they say most people have it as children without even realising it. Hope you’re feeling better soon

Moonflower – yes every house i know has been hit with something or other in the last 2/3months – my dd seems a tad run down last 24hrs i’m hoping it’s not something brewing again 🙄

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.