Speed bumps

Home Forums National Chat Speed bumps

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

hi all,

anyone got anything to say about speed bumps???

do you want them in your estate / area or not?

do you think they would make it safer for your children by possibly reducing speeding?

any comments most welcome…..

thanks,
    Siobhan

kasia

badly needed in termon abbey.
    the estate road is treated like a main road.
    hopefully when the school is finished the speed bumps are going to be put in place.

kasia

as was written somewhere before – bumps on termon abbey needed!!!
    a "nice" crash just happend. only cars damaged.
    and all because everybody is in a hurry……. 🙄 🙄 🙄

rossylisa

dd just told me about that crash she wanted to go down with her friends 🙄

kasia

😀 😀
    as soon as the gards were gone so were the onlookers 😀 😀
    i think they confiscated someones car. it looked that way.

ed1
    Participant

We need speed bumps in Cedarfield too. Some of the cars think they are still on the motorway when driving through the estate sometimes. where i live, i swear one of the cars is going to end up in my sitting room, cause they come round the corner so fast.

yummymummy

i think they are great! dont have any in my estate, but then again they aint needed as its such a windey road that u couldnt do top speed unless u wanted to overturn onto the green.

the ones in marion park and rathmullen/ballsgrove seem to be working a treat, cos that place used to be mad with speeders!

Taylor5

I think they are a great idea, only an idot (my dh included) would travel over speed bumps at speed, for the sake of you shocks and car.

Did you ever notice on the Bryanstown cross route the section under County Meath from Millmount est to the graveyard have speed bumps but the section under Co. Louth rule doesnt have one speed ramp!!!!! Why didnt they think ahead as this is right where the new school will be built and Staffords shop etc….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.