Southgate SC Butcher

Home Forums Louth Chat Southgate SC Butcher

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Bri_Bear

Hi

Just letting you know that the Butcher there in the Southgate SC (think its called Connors Buthcers or O’Connors Butchers) is just fabulous!!

Been there a few times now and i will never buy meat anywhere else but from them.

Their prices are brill and the lads working there are lovely & very helpful.

Very happy customer! :lol:

chewieodie
    Participant

Cool! Must try them out….. saw the sign up the other day when I was there, so must go and take a look…. 😉

missysmum

will defo try them out next week.

sweetpea1979

i’ve been into them now a couple of times = got lovely chicken fillets the first time – only a euro each and decent size…then got sausages – they to were lovely!!! definately go there for my meat shopping when i get around to doing it 🙂

Babs

I’ve gotten sausages (v nice), beef stir fry (spicy and lovely) and even the ham for Christmas…lovely lads, very helpful….nice to support new local businesses in these times…

Taylor5

Was the beef stir fry nice? 😆 😆 😆 😆 looked lovely 🙄

i got mince and steak pieces and it was lovely

Babs

Beef stir fry was really nice…yes, didn’t look great raw, but what meat does!!! Would deffo recommend them!

Taylor5

Oh it did look nice but very like the vomit from my drink induced days before!!!! 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Babs

Good God, bringing the tone down Taylor5!!! I also got some black and white pudding for my dad when he was staying…the lovely butcher didn’t even charge me, as he said to try it and if I liked it I could buy some more in the future….thats the kind of customer service we need!! I deffo buying my meat from there in the future!

scole1

we’re finishing off our freezer load of meat then gonna try the meat there….

Taylor5

he didnt charge you for the sausages either…. he much fancy you babs 😆 😆 😆

Fabienne

That will be my next stop.
    Keep saying I should go to butcher instead of buying meat in tesco or Dunnes.
    As I will have a special request, could be good to know he’s really looking at customers.
    My request is bone with marrow….., sure I’m the only one who want’s it.
    Should I get it before diet with op transformsation, it’s delicious (for french meat eaters, sorry to all vegetarians around) but not light.
    Had a vegetarian diner tonight, so I’m not a complete lost cause 😆

I suppose as well that vegetarian are not reading a post about butchers…

Talk soon,
    Fabienne

Taylor5

Bone with marrow! Do you mean t bone steak or the likes of oxtail? Love both… Hoey butchers in Bryanstown do a lovely t bone steak… yum yum

Fabienne

no I mean a bone (same kind you’ll give a dog to chew) but either the butcher cut it in half or with a spoon you scrap and eat the inside once cooked.
    Easier if cut in half, so you can grill it, and eat.

Both way eat while it’s hot. with a pinch of salt.

http://croquecamille.files.wordpress.co … ones-a.jpg

lovely taste, but oily and rich. It’s meant to have loads of goodness (vitamins and all), make sense as it’s the part of the bone (marrow) that makes all the blood cells.

Hope no-one is reading while having lunch or that may cut your lunch short

😆

Have 2 kids, one is very french in his diet, the other like pasta and nuggets, both don’t like spices or thyme.
    Same parents, same food on the table (different food if we’re in France on hol or here), and 2 really different eaters.
    They know from young age what they want to eat no matter what you do.

Talk soon,
    Fabienne

Maria30

Hi Fabienne,

My brother in law owns the butchers in the Southgate SC. If he can do it for you he will. 🙂

Agree about stirfry girls, definitely looks like vomit but tastes lovely.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.