Sore nipples….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

our baby girl is 4 months now and seems to have started teething, she is dribbling and sucking her thumb and eating her hands.

shehas been a dream to feed so far – I am breastfeeding and it has been a lovely experience for both of us – but in the past week she has started chewing when she is feeding and it is sore for me. Dont remember this on our other babies so not sure what to do to soothe my nipples after feeds.

tried giving her a soother but she is not interested….

sorry if TMI but could use some advice, thanks. :roll:

muppet

Put some Multi Mam compresses on them, very nice and soothing! You can get them in pharmacies, very pricy though!

Jedt
    Keymaster

thanks, will try that!

muppet

Ohand just put them back on after every feed (for a day), don’t throw them out straight away! I made that mistake once 🙄 .

pookie2

You can get nipple shields that she can feed through if the nipples become very tender. It just gives them a little protection to heal if they are a bit bruised etc. Also, take her off the second she starts munching – don’t ‘endure’. She needs to ‘get’ that its not on….. iykwim

Berry

Calc phos tissue salts (6x) will help push the teeth through.

Phytolacca is for teething babies who have an irrisistable urge to bite their teeth together – on everything and anything – don’t know if that fits the bill! It is also for cracked, sore, raw nipples. So if you have a 200c in your kit it might be worth trying.

Bery

Berry

Forgot to say Sabbi – you take the phytolacca and then both you and Summer benefit.

Berry

Jedt
    Keymaster

Thanks Berry, actually had the calc phos here already and will get the other tomorrow. thanks, all advice welcome!

Berry

Might be difficult to find – not one of the common remedies. I have it if u want some.
    Berry

We’re having the same experience at the moment – and Cooper is 18 months….think it’s the last of the teeth thankfully so I feel your pain!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.