Something for the weekend?? ;-)

Home Forums National Chat Something for the weekend?? ;-)

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    chewieodie
    Participant

Uhm…..

Sting, Paul and Phil. 😆 😆 😆
    showing my age here!

Financial Companion
    Participant

Spot on!! It usually tricks people coz most people don’t associate lead singers with being the bass players! (Apart from Mark King from Level 42, who I would assume your dh would be a fan of!) Was at the front of a level 42 gig in the rds many moons ago and dw wasn’t too fond of the crushing crowd at the front, so I went back 100 feet or so and just as we did, stage lights went down, mark king’s fretboard lit up and he did a long slapping solo 😯 Talk about bad timing! lol 😆

chewieodie
    Participant

Level 42… yip, when the hops have been prominent in the house, and the stereo starts…. we have "running in the family" air guitar solos…
    DH would have killed to have been at that gig, I’m sure!
    Gotta love it! 😆

Financial Companion
    Participant

Yeah, it was an amazing gig!! Few years before that I met Mark King and Mike Lindup (keyboards and vocals) in Flamingos in the stillorgan park hotel (long story!) So at least all of that confirms one thing…………neither of us gets asked for IDwhen we buy alcohol anymore! 😆 😆 (well, maybe you still do but I don’t! 😉 )

chewieodie
    Participant

I can just imagine…. 😉 Awesome…
    Can’t remember last time I was asked for ID…. 😆 There is obviously NO hope for me! 😆 😆 😆

Thanks for the trip down memory lane Fin Companion! I’ve had a good giggle!
    Enjoy your weekend!

Financial Companion
    Participant

Mind you, occasionally for fun, I will say to the assistant or till operator when purchasing wine or such, "do you need to see ID" and keep a straight face just to see their reaction! 😆

Have a great weekend Chewie! 😉

Taylor5

i was thinking about this and i came up with…….. sting! Didnt think of Paul.
    Loved Level 42 in my teenage years

Financial Companion
    Participant

i was thinking about this and i came up with…….. sting! Didnt think of Paul.
    Loved Level 42 in my teenage years

Level 42 weren’t around 7 years ago Taylor! 😉

Now, have you got your ID for shopping? 😆

Taylor5

ah your so kind….. and blind 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.