Something for the weekend?? ;-)

Home Forums National Chat Something for the weekend?? ;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Financial Companion
    Participant

One to ponder as we enter the weekend……..

Who is the only artist to hit no.1 in the UK singles charts as, an individual, half of a duet, one of a trio, a quarter of a quartet and one of a multitude???

Guess away, will confirm wrong anwers whenever I can get to the screen and correct answer on Monday! (if not already guessed, which of course it will be with so many sharp mumstown members! :wink: )

No googling, or the "all the wine is gone" fairy will pay you a visit! :lol:

Taylor5

one of a multitude…. so a member of Band Aid or Live Aid?

Financial Companion
    Participant

Yeah, Taylor and also another smaller multitude! 😉

Financial Companion
    Participant

Come on mumstowners…..worth a few guesses! 😉

chewieodie
    Participant

First one to come to mind would be George Michael…. let me think of a few other possibilities…

chewieodie
    Participant

Sting….
    (gorgeous sexy man that! 😉 ) Ok, so I have a little bit of a weakness for Sting…. 🙄

Financial Companion
    Participant

Ha ha, afraid not Chewie, I saw both of those (Sting with the Police) perform live in the last few years!

And ironically, both of those have sung with the answer (and one not just on live aid!!) 😉

chewieodie
    Participant

Elton John?
    Freddie Mercury?
    Paul McCartney…

or am I just clutching at straws here? 😆

Incidentally, I’ve also seen Sting a couple of times…. ah….. well…. in my humble opinion… the man is a musical genuis! 🙂

Financial Companion
    Participant

Yep, Paul McCartney! Well done Chewie 😉 solo as himself, duo with Stevie Wonder (another musical genius, saw him live as well!) trio with Wings, quartet with the Beatles and multitute with both Band Aid and also for the Ferry Across the Mersey charity song for the hillsborogh disaster with the Christians!

For getting that, here’s a nice memory of Freddie & Co. 😉

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDUmT3wm-0A

chewieodie
    Participant

Ah, so the brain isn’t completely sludge! 😆

Nice track….
    personal fav would have to be "who wants to live forever"…. even named my first born after ~"Conor McCleod… of the clan McCleod"… sap that I am!
    Highlander…. ah…. good times!

Financial Companion
    Participant

Loved Highlander!!

Okay, just for you, here is a live version of "Who wants to live forever" 😉

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWfhopxpPr8

chewieodie
    Participant

Brilliant! Put me in an excellent mood that did! 😉

Financial Companion
    Participant

Sorry, I couldn’t get Sting gift-wrapped and sent to you, so hopefully the songs are a consolation! 😆

chewieodie
    Participant

Ah sure, I’ve got a DH who plays bass-guitar…. so that’s about as close as I can get…. 😆
    He knows of my "Sting" passion….
    I’ll never forget the one extreeeeeeeemly embarrassing day when he was purchasing a nice new bass guitar, and the chap in the music store showed him the "Sting" model…
    My DH advised the salesman that if he were to purchase it, it would do wonders for his love-life! I nearly killed him…. 😳 😆

Financial Companion
    Participant

ha ha! 😆

In that case, you would have got at least one of the three in the question, Name the Bass players of The Police, The Beatles and Thin Lizzy?

Or probably them all being married to a Bass player 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.