Solar panels

Home Forums Louth Chat Solar panels

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    libby

Over the Christmas ,
    i have noticed various houses with Solar Panels – has anyone got these, How Much do they cost?

Is their good benfits???

Looking into ways of saving money

Yvonne

Hi Libby, we are getting these installed this month… they cost about €2500, and you get nearly half of that back from the government which is a help – not sure of installation price as my BIL is going to help doing it – heard that it can cost about €5500 – for everything and then you get money back too… My in laws got them and so far they have no complaints…

Taylor5

How much of you power does it supply? I would like to look into this, anything to save my bills and the earth

scole1

cool that sounds great yeah was looking to get something like this the neighbours up the road have them interested in what’s involved and how much is actually powered from them….

kcireland

We used to have them (in our old house). They used to heat the bath water instead of it being on the central heating system … it was great for the 2 of us … but now with 3 kids … I don’t think it would be enough.

Yvonne

They are only for the hot water, so that won’t be using the oil… my in laws seem pretty happy with them at the moment.

Taylor5

I have my heating on and that heats my water, not that I use that much as ds is the only one who uses the bath. We use the t90 shower which works from the cold water tank…

Olwen

Hey,

I have solar panels on my house. They’re fantastic. We’ve had them since march and we haven’t put on the emersion since we’ve got them. right now there is three adults in the house and of course the baby and we have showers every day and plenty of hot water.
    They cost €4,000 after the rebate. I think they’re worth every penny. email if you need anymore details

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.