Social Care 4th yr in DKIT hosting parents and Toddlers Grou

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Social Care 4th yr in DKIT hosting parents and Toddlers Grou

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Everyone,

I am a 4th year Social Care Student in Dundalk IT. We are hosting a parent and toddler group every Friday from 10.00 to 12.00. Any parent who wants to join us are very welcome.

Any one who is interested could contact me at prung09@student.dkit.ie or give me a text if you want more information on 087 9173080.
    Services that would be provided:

What is it?
    Parent Toddler group for children from 0- school age. The group will be ran by 4th year Social Care students.

Baby changing and breast feeding facilities available.
    Refreshments and light snacks will be provided.

Where and When?
    DKIT Sensory Garden- 2nd FloorNursing Building.
    It will take place from 8th Feb-10th May 2012 from 10am-12pm
    Easter Holidays 29th March and 5th April – No P&T Group

Policy
    We will adhere to standards set out in Children’s First 1999, as amended in 2010.
    All students have received Garda clearance.
    Confidentiality is key.
    Each parent is responsible for the safety of their own child

How?
    Students will facilitate and plan activities. There are 6 different groups, which will rotate over the 12 weeks.
    Ethos/Aim
    To provide a calm and relaxing environment for parents and to act as a source of support.
    Children- To provide a stimulating, fun and exciting environment.
    Health and Safety
    If child or you yourself are unwell, please refrain from attending group. This is to prevent spreading illness among the group.
    Will you be happy for ocassional photographs being taken that will demonstrate the range of fun at the groups?

pookie2

Toddlers would love this – did it two years ago with DS1 & very new baby,
    but don’t know if I will manage it this time as new baby due soon…

Jedt
    Keymaster

Good to know these kind of groups are on regularly around the town, will pass it on to some mums I know in the area.

Are new babies welcome too or just toddlers?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good to know these kind of groups are on regularly around the town, will pass it on to some mums I know in the area.

Are new babies welcome too or just toddlers?

Hi, every toddlers is welcome, new baby or older kids, we are even accommodating a few older children too, around age 6-8 as it came to our attention that with mid term the parents would not have been able to make it on the friday. So if any one is interestedsend me a text and I will give your details to my lecturer who will in turn contact you for further arrangement. It is just college procedure that the lecturer contact you.

Thank you everyone for the interest

Pamela

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.