So fed up!

Home Forums National Chat So fed up!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    CC

Today I was driving up to drogheda well within speed limit and I hit a huge pothole – both my tyres were wrecked and its cost me over 400euro to fix

I am sooooooooo fed up today :(

angelmum

oh god love you,thats terrible.you were probably thinking you had a few bob to spare and then that happened.i was driving from bettystown to drogheda today and the roads are full of potholes,you would need all your wits about you driving that road.

Babs

Was driving from Bettystown To Drogheda yesterday too and thought I had blown a tire as the pot holes were so bad…another car heading towards me almost smashed into me as it swerved to miss some…was shaking afterwards!!!…who the hell is responsible (and I want names!!!) because someone will be killed!! 👿 👿

Taylor5

Where is the pot hole? warn others

I did hear if you take a photo to the cc and the damage to your car, they should pay for it

angelmum

taylor what do you mean the pothole!!!!!dont you mean the hundreds of potholes.well just as you come off the roundabout coming out of bettystown there is a huge one,then all along the edges of the road you have to keep watching to avoid them.then the nightmare begins when you come up to the spot where the guys do the car wash there is a series of potholes so big you could easily have an accident trying to avoid them.about taking the photo,that does not work.my friend did it and was more or less told to feck off.

Babs

I have found the worst pot holes to be along the stretch from Grange Rath to Mornington (by the Car washing place in Colpe)….I do this road a few times a week and it is getting worse!!! I imagine that this will continuehere and around the country as the recession bites!!! The CC probably wont do anything but I will give them a ring…maybe if enough people do that something may happen!!!

angelmum

thats right babs,thats one of the places that i was talking about.its a nightmare.you know that guy in stameen richie culhane,he is newly elected to the borough council.he will be doing all he can to make a good impression and im sure that would be in his area too.try him.we elected him so i guess that means its payback time.

Liverbird

well let me tell you’s a story. This happened to me with the potholes and i damaged my 2 alloy wheels and busted the tyres. I got out of the car and took photos straight away of the holes and my expensive alloys. Went straight to louthcoco and showed them and they tryed their fibs with me until i told that i have witnesses and that i was pressing charges, WELL not to say i got a lovely letter a few days later and recieved a nice cheque TOO!!!!!! I scared the hell out of them and wasn’t letting them away with anything. People, you have to show them who’s boss. My mum is taking them to court as they left an open pothole uncovered and she fell into it and damaged her knee so she’s waiting for a nice cheque too.

Babs

Would we be allowed to set up an online petition here on mumstown that we could sign and then send to the relevant people? I would hate to think that many of us share this view and God forbid somebody would be badly hurt yet nobody spoke out!!!

Taylor5

I hit a pot hole a few weeks ago, it was 200 yards before that carwash place heading towards drogheda, I was full sure my alloy would have some damage but no it was fine, thank God..
    We went out for the day to Carlingford there was plenty of rain and puddles on the road so we couldnt see the potholes to avoid them….. well we hit one so hard my teeth bashed together….. the wheel and tyre was fine but the shock and a steering rod was wrecked, about 400 euros worth of damage……. Oh it was dh driving my car! 😆 😆 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

Its a bit of a drive but Glen tyres in Balbriggan, near the train station and opposite the underground Supervalu car park, are really good.

I went over a nail last week and my tyre was pretty deflated but they fixed it for me in a matter of minutes and were so nice about it., they only charged me 10 euro. I hit a pot hole a few months back and needed a new tyre and they didn’t rip me off at all. They’re nice lads inthere…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.