Small Playschool

Home Forums Louth Chat Small Playschool

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Can any suggest or recommend a small playschool (perhaps attached to someones house, rather than a big creche/playschool/montessori/after school setting?

Preferably north of Drogheda.

Many thanks

snowmouse

My daughter attended one on the southsise in millmount abbey she loved it small only 6 children the ladys name is Bernie and great with the children her no is 9800034 if it suits I know you were looking on northside but just posted in case nothing else pops up goodluck!

Michele

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s great Michele. It’s good to have the number if nothing comes up on the northsie

Thanks

super minder

bernies fab xxxxxxxx

Babs

Little Treasures, Dublin Rd…Anne is a lovely warm caring person, as are the other ladies….its on the south side though and I think they have a waiting list but worth a try if you willing to travel!! Let us know what you find on the north side…I too think smaller playgroups/playschools are great!!!! Home from home!!!

PM

The Playhouse in Roschoill is a fantastic small playschool. It’s also on the southside. Gillian who runs it is so great with the little ones – they all love her. Check her website: http://www.theplayhouse.ie

Taylor5

There is a lovely one in five oaks (again southside) its in a house and only about 6 kids, think its 34 five oaks village

maggie2

Isnt there a little one in mell, and i heard of one in tullyallen if that wasnt too far to travel..And maybe im imagining it but is there not one in ashfield, only a couple of doors in from the north road entrance…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Del

noeleenw

hi was it you i pm’d on magic mum?

super minder

im in meadow view and i do playschool
    mon to thur 10 to 12.30 55 euros includes snack. i only take 6 kids.

i have one place left for sep.

angelmum

hi super minder,i had my childs name down in a playschool with only 6 kids and now i have been told that unless you have 8 kids you wont be able to be part of scheme that provides free places in january.will you also be in that situation.i now need to find a new place for my child.i was happy with the place he had as it was a small group,now i will have to find a place in a bigger group.what is your thoughts on this and will your group also be in this situation now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

this is taken from the ‘Outline of the General Terms and Conditions governing participation in the free Pre-School Year in Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) Scheme.’ http://www.omcya.ie

3. Services must have a minimum enrolment of 8 children in their pre-school year.Subject to compliance with all other contractual requirements, exceptions will be considered in the case of:services which have an enrolment of at least 8 children but, for good reason, only 3 or more are in their pre-school year and the remainder will be eligible for a pre-school year in the following year, and
    smaller services which are considered appropriate settings for delivery of the pre-school year but, for good reason, have an enrolment of not less than 5 children in their pre-school year.

As far as I know this means that smaller preschools with minimum of 5 children will qualify once everything else is in place. The website http://www.omcya.ie gives all this info.

super minder

under the new guideline small playschool like myself dont get the free places.

i checked with louth child care committee and under 5 kids dont get free places. if it were up to me than i would happyily take government grant xxxxx

angelmum

hi guys,thanks for clearing that up for me.super minder,does that not put you at a huge disadvantage cos will parents not look for other places come january when its free.does that not worry you.i feel really bad for smaller playschools cos it might force them to close their doors altogether.i think for parents its great to avail of the freen places but there are always downsides too.hope it works itself out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.