single mums chat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    meabh

hey,
    i thought i’d start this for any single mums who want a chat or a rant!
    i’ve a 2 1/2dd who’s an angel most of the time but still drives me mad as i never get a break!
    for anyone else who’s in the same situation let me say you’re not alone!
    *meabh*

yummymummy

hey meabh!!
    i have a 6 1/2 yo ds, the 1/2 is very important to him 🙂
    boy do i wish i could go back to the 2 1/2 years as all i get now is mind your own business and whatever mam, but ya have to laugh as its so innocent 🙂

meabh

haha… my dd keeps on giving out to me these days… it’s all "don’t touch my milk mammy" or "stop sitting in my chair mammy" 😆 😆

pinkbabe

My DD is 7 & my DS is 5

both are full of attitude @ the min total tweenagers 🙄

paulaob

My DD is 7 & my DS is 5

hi im paula i have a two and half year old daughter and a one year old son

paulaob

My DD is 7 & my DS is 5

hi im paula i have a two and half year old daughter and a one year old son

pinkbabe

Hi Paula

Its ages since I wrote that post my DD is now 9 & DS is 7 now practically grown ups

The age gap is very similar to your pair

MauraH

there hasn’t been any posts on here for a while so hope there still are some single mums on here. My daughter is 9yo and she is wonderful, we’ve been just the 2 of us since her dad died when she was 11months old.

At the moment she is having bit of a hard time at school, due to not having a "best friend". I was speaking to a friend about this and she thinks its the age as she’s had similar conversations with some of her other friends & family. My daughter has lots of friends and is generally very happy in school but recently has been talking bout not having one special friend…has anyone else had similar issues with their children and any advice?

Maura

yummymummy

Im very sorry to hear about your loss Maura!!

As regards of a "special" friend…….Im kinda like that myself I dont have 1 but I do have 5-6 of them which is alot more special, maybe you could explain this to your daughter..I know its hard at her age but she is much better of having a few close friends then having just 1 that she finds to be the special one.

I have a boy myself who is nearly 9, think boys are different he is quite happy to play with several diff children and has never mentioned to me about not haivng one. Maybe some of the other girls here would have better advice for you.

MauraH

thanks YummyMummy….love the name!

I’ve explained that to her and she understands it but I suppose when all the other girls have a best friend she feels left out. She plays with all the girls in her class and has quiet alot of friends, I just think this has become a bit of a thing for her at the moment. Thankfully she skipped off happily today and say she was going to have a great day in school and have lots of fun…..so fingers crossed!

Yeah, boys are so different in so many ways from a very young age.

M

hi am nicky i have a 3 and half year old girl who acts like a 13 year old 😆

Wilson

Hi

My son is 12 and his father left us (him when he was just turned 3. I noticed straight away even at that age he looked for friendships especially girls (or maybe it was there were just more girls around). He even acted out getting married and then his friend divorced him all at primary school. Which really hurt him.

He has always been popular and played easily with most children. I have been concerned though at the effort he has made to befriend and now he is at secondary (grammar) school he appears to have a lot of girl friends – maybe he is just popular with everyone and the girls hang around with him because they like him a lot. i wondered if he was trying to make up for the lost relationship bewteen his dad and I. he was always wanting him back with me but i could not make that happen and it devastated us.

I have thought of one special friend for him but then that is not always a good idea either in case something happens . I encourage him to have friends rather than just one but thought at the time it may have been easier for him to have one special friend to get closer too.
    I wonder also if I meet someone ever will it fall back into place and his efforts will stop or at least be more relaxed or maybe it is just me.

pookie2

Can I join in too? I’m not a true single parent, as my husband is still with us, but he works overseas usually 3rd world places, so I’m often on my own with our 2 DSs for up to a couple of months at a time. I’d guess I have some of the same problems – loneliness, no father figure on a daily basis, no one to discuss worries with. Also, two kids under 3.5 full time on your own is draining. I have no family this side of the country to help out either. Not moaning, or anything. Just looking for people with similar difficulties to chat to now and again….

Wilson

funny that i am single having divorced a few years ago now time flies – but before that my husband worked away and left me most days alone in england. i wondered why life was difficult but in hindsight i see I was on my own really and after a first difficult birth – doctors not supportive.

this probably explains why i still feel married nothing has really changed.

maryb

Hi, my name is mary, i am a single parent living in the countryside near carlow. I have 2 boys, liam is 12 and dean is 7. I find it hard to get a babysitter and i find that the biggest problem i have. Does anyone have any suggestions? And i really empathise with other single parents, sometimes it feels like a prison sentence, but i know it all worth it, also if any other single parents want to chat about day to day stuff, please send me a message, a problem shared is a problem halved. Thanks for listening, all the best!!!!!!! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.