Should we pay the household charge?!!

Home Forums National Chat Should we pay the household charge?!!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    scole1

we were not going to pay but at the last min dh decided that he was paying it so he paid it yesterday…..

i know people are mixed views on it and some are paying because they are in receipt of social welfare and afraid that they may be penalised if they didn’t pay….and then some who have said like my in laws you know what just pay it and be done with it, in the uk you have to pay charges no ifs buts or ands about it…
    my dh said it’s not law i aint paying, but don’t know why he decided to change his mind, perhaps incase we were penalised if we needed social welfare in the future…
    my mother has said let them jail me, sure they havent jailed any of the bankers so there is no way i’m paying it

i think there is a lot of confusion out there anyway about what it’s for and a lot of unanswered questions….

i dunno, but this house has paid anyway….100e less off this month

happymumblemum
    Participant

I paid it.

One less thing to be worrying about being hounded for that.

Do i agree with it , no, hate paying anything

Yvonne

We are not paying it either… its a joke!

To say its for local services, amenities etc is a farce aswell… when we applied to build our house, we HAD to pay about €6K to the council for this… upkeep of roads and facilities.. but we see very little evidence of this happening! So why would be pay this now.. they are being totally unfair to the people of the country… I’m hoping many more dont pay it…

Taylor5

I think there is a bit of a push to pay at the minute, i will pay, but i will pay 120e…. i will hang out for the next few months, have my protest then pay the 20e fine for late payment, let the feckers wait for it

Jedt
    Keymaster

when you think of what many of us spent on stamp duty….I get the shivers!!!!

Taylor5

I got away with stamp duty, we did our sale under 2 contracts 1 to purchase the site the 2nd to employ the builder as a selfbuild, it was a little loop hole and we took advantage of it….. im so bloody glad we did!!!

bubblesue

Instead of paying the household charge I’m taking a leaf out of the government’s book……..I’ll give them a bond of equal value that they can encash in the year 2025! That’s fair isn’t it? 😆

Taylor5

Instead of paying the household charge I’m taking a leaf out of the government’s book……..I’ll give them a bond of equal value that they can encash in the year 2025! That’s fair isn’t it? 😆

Love it… lol

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.