Should the Meath v Louth game be replayed

Home Forums National Chat Should the Meath v Louth game be replayed

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Almae

No, it shouldn’t be replayed – the title should be for Louth! Louth were a point up before that goal was given with only seconds left of injury time. If the goal was illegal and doesn’t stand – the cup should go to Louth as rightful winners.

meath supporter here , dont agree with that sorry ,there was 2 frees louth got and scored points that should not have been frees , again ref judgement…so it will go on and on …the ref was a disaster from the start…There should be a replay and let them at it with a better ref(if thats possible)

Jedt
    Keymaster

It was a shocker, cannot condone violence like – never any excuse for that kind of behaviour that but its awful on Louth – they were really hard done by. Felt bad for all the Louth supporters, after waiting 50 years to have it end like that…sad.

Hope they can come to some sort of resolution at the meeting this week.

Sabrinab 08

Girls see al your poinys, im louth my hubby meath but regardless of any thron in ball for the "goal". i was a square ball b4 that an should have been called so, the ref called plenty of fouls and so on throught the match why didnt he see that one???? At the end of the day, its football but the GAA should be ashamed as should the Louth fans who ruine dit for the rest of us! but have seen Meath fans spit at Louth supporters so anger and frustraion had a lot to do with it! I think the fact they couldnt control themselves reflects the riculousness of the Ref’s decsion!

Yvonne

Meath woman here and I do agree that Louth were robbed of the title… as you can clearly see it wasn’t an official goal… but if it is was the other way round, the same thing would have happened, no one would admit they were wrong… it was the referee and the umpire’s decision to allow it as a goal, so they are at fault. It isn’t a proud win for Meath at all…. I cannot see a replay happening…
    The Louth fans were a disgrace with how some of them carried on…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t follow GAA at all so I’m probably one of the people not emotionally caught up in it all. What I did see was how the violent end to a game became bigger than the actual game itself. People were talking about what happened to the ref etc. more than the game. Where is the GAA pride no matter what team you support. Do people want their children to grow up loving the game and the sportsmanship or want to hear very young chilren talking about the men who hit the referee. Thats not giving any positive message out there to young boys and girls who watched this game live or on TV. I also know of a family member who’s husband, who was at the game, got hit just because he’s a Meath supporter…??????

A sad day, not when a final is lost, but when bad behavious outshines the game.

yummymummy

I dont condone the behaviour of some of the people….well lets be honest it was only 5-6 people who got near the ref and barely struck him!!!
    Why is nothing being said about the pitch being invaded by meath supporters when they were clearly told not to come near the pitch!!! Stewards were going mad trying to stop them and then they were told to open the gates. hmmmm
    My personal opnion is that the goal should be removed and the cup given to louth we won fair and square.
    1st of all the ball was a square ball which should of resulted in a free to Louth and then a hand pass goal which was clearly visiable even to me who was sitting at left hand side of davin stand behind the said goal.
    The ref clearly said yest that it was a wrong decison to allow the goal and the linemans was TOLD to raise the flag!!!

All this messing from Meath of will we wont we allow a replay is ridiculous, who on earth would want to have possesion of a cup that they didnt "win" , I know if it was Louth I would be disgusted!!!And if we get a replay and win you know we will only get the "you only won cos of replay and yadda yaddafecking yadda"
    There was no trouble on the streets of Dub as far as I could see on my way home, everyone was quite somber even the meath fans!!!
    Doubt we’ll get a replay but like I said the goal should just be disallowed and the cup give to the rightful owners LOUTH!!!

yummymummy

Oh might I just add that the goal was in the 74th minute when there was only 3 mins allowed for injury!

Yvonne

I don’t think that the decision is up to Meath as to whether there should be a replay or not, it wasn’t the Meath team who made the decison to allow the goal, it was the officials, so I think it is up to the GAA to make the decision.

And you are right Yummy, even if there was a replay and Louth won that would be said.
    This is one case where it just proves that video footage should be allowed when there is a dispute… maybe it will push them to get it in.

I don’t like the fact that Meath are being called cheats because I am sure if that was Louth, they would have done exactly the same thing, and why wouldn’t they? No player would ever admit that they done wrong…
    Yes, Meath ‘won’ but its not a win that can be celebrated with a clear mind.

I do think it is irrelevant how many people attacked the ref, they shouldn’t have done it… and as for all the fans running onto the pitch, it always baffled me that that was ever allowed anyway because of health and safety.

yummymummy

The GAA dont have the permission to call for a replay, it can only be done if Meath allow it, hence why there are major stallings and the fact hat most of the players have said no to it will tell ya it aint gonna happen, wish they would just announce it rather than pussy footing around it prob trying to find "legal" ways out of it so they dont look like a bunch of meanies.

Yvonne google the comments Sheridan made re the goal and then you’ll prob see somewhat as to why people are calling meath cheats. Its kinda the same way that people are making commments re boozy, bad behavioured Louth fans when in reality it was just a handful of people. (Altho JP’s comments didnt help the matter).

I htink that ref should be banned from big games like this, he clearly isnt capable of such a strenious task!!! 🙄 (and not only the goal but other frees on both sides that shouldnt of been given)

beams

Louth woman here living in Meath – the least Louth should get is a replay. By rights the cup is theirs. Unfortunate display of violence at the end but i could understand the frustration from where it came from.

Sabrinab 08

Good woman Yummymummy!! well said!!!! 😀

Yvonne

Its ridiculous that they are still deciding if they will have a replay or not, another meeting at 8.30 tonight… be interesting to see what happens…

I do agree Louth should have the cup instead of Meath… it is a very unfortunate thing that has happened and it shouldn’t have happened.
    I understand why people are calling Meath cheats (but still don’t like it!), but the decision to pass that goal was the referees and the umpires… not the Meath team, even if Joe Sheridan admitted afterwards to what he done, the decision had already being made, don’t think they would have changed it after the presentation was made, but maybe I am wrong on that?

It is something that will be debated for a good while to come, and hopefully it will get sortedone way or another!

yummymummy

We wont get a replay, majority of meath players are against it……………well if they wanna keep there "win" that way then so be it. It will never sit sweetly with them and it will always be remembered as a sour taste in meath supporters mouths.
    To me its very very immature not to offer the replay thats just my opnion. I dont particularly want one ( i wont go to it as i aint paying again) i want the cup where it belongs with the Louth team. Anyway dont always get what we want.

Yvonne the sheridan comment i was refering to was that he said it was an awesome goal or something along those lines (sheridan is the one who "threw" the ball into the net) Id have to google to find exactly what he said and this laptop is being soooo slow tonight. That I find incredulous to be honest, he knew exactly what he did.

Anyway we wont get it and karma is a b*tch…..just look at France and the World Cup 🙂
    I LOVE karma.
    (Woulsnt it be hilarious in the All Irelands if the same thing happened to them 😆 😆 😆 😆 )

noeleenw

louth are better off not getting a replay , they will go in to the qualifiers and move on, meath on the other hand will be bet in their next game 😆 if louth where to play meath this weekend they would be wrecked and wouldnt have the same hunger for the game this time round

Almae

YM Yvonne google the comments Sheridan made re the goal and then you’ll prob see somewhat as to why people are calling meath cheats.

Joe was got staright after the game and asked , he hadnt seen a replay of the goal , what do u expect him to say …

YM Oh might I just add that the goal was in the 74th minute when there was only 3 mins allowed for injury!

The reason it went into the 74th min was because Meath got a free, JP Rooney kicked the ball away twice to time waste … if he hadnt done this the whistle would have been blown…so the ref played over because of Louth time wasting game.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.