Shopping up NORTH????

Home Forums National Chat Shopping up NORTH????

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

is it still worth our while going across the border to shop??? has anyone been up there lately???

Jedt
    Keymaster

my mam went up last week with my nanny (my nanny likes to go 3 – 4 times a year for the day out). They said it was rubbish, not much worth going for. Some things are cheaper, like medicines etc but she said not major difference in most things.

ed1
    Participant

I went to Sainsburys yesterday and I havent been there in a while. I dont think there really is a hugh difference anymore, but there is a small difference. I always feel I get more for my money with all the BOGOF offers and multibuy offers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

was looking on the web site for Sainsburys and didnt see may offers or even good deals there quite bad realy
    …. i was thinking about asda or even tesco…. anyone been in them lately ??

lyn11

Didn’t do food shopping but was in the Outlet on Saturday. They have opened a mamas and papas outlet store, clothes poor value but bigger purchases like cots, buggies, prams, furniture etc worked out quite well especially for ex display models. A lot of the other shops have closed though and in general didnt find it as good value as would have in the past.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Lyn – you should check out Hodgin’s in Balbriggan. they have a brilliant range of furniture for babies and really well priced, best prices I could see around as we are looking for different things now for baby. Mostly Irish made cots, buggies etc too so good quality. They have Motorola baby monitors for 40 euro, this is a great price and Motorola are super quality (I used to work there and can vouch for how tough their products are)!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

have to say …. NOT WORTH IT
    I went and i was quite disappointed as most things are the same price… if not a little cheaper down here 😯
    every nappies are the same price!!!! i went to tesco in banbridge

scole1

doesn’t seem to be any cheaper than before, haven’t been in ages dh has but even he ended up coming home with less than he would have before…so we shop local, and we bargin hunt….

Taylor5

I shop local in Aldi and i bargain hunt and bulk buy when brand names are on offer in Dunnes and Tesco… Pampers simply dry box of nappies only 8euro, handy for nightime

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.