Sheriff issues!!

Home Forums National Chat Sheriff issues!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

Can anyone please shine some light on this for me.

Last week a friend of mine received a Notice from the Sheriff to say that they would be calling out to him.

His partner is worried that they could lose the family car even though it is in her name.

Can the Sheriff take the vehicle or is it solely items belonging to him.

They are very down over this and cannot get a straight answer from anyone on it.

They both know that it could have been prevented but unfortunately that is the way things have turned out for them.

Thanks a million – my heart is broke for them.

Jedt
    Keymaster

what did the note say? can they call the sheriff’s office and ask for more details? did it mention specific items? Have they gotten legal advice yet? If cash is an issue, their local citizens advice centre may be able to help them and there is no charge to go there.

You could also suggest they ask the financial & legal experts on Mumstown for some advice? they may be able to help them know their rights.

sorry to hear that.

HTH.

Jedt
    Keymaster

what did the note say? can they call the sheriff’s office and ask for more details? did it mention specific items? Have they gotten legal advice yet? If cash is an issue, their local citizens advice centre may be able to help them and there is no charge to go there.

You could also suggest they ask the financial & legal experts on Mumstown for some advice? they may be able to help them know their rights.

sorry to hear that.

HTH.

Yvonne

The should call the sheriffs office and sort something.. as far as I know they can take possession of goods, but not sure ifits not in his name but there…

Hope they get sorted

misemammy3

The leter they got was from a solicitor to say that the sheriff would be in touch.

Does the Sheriff contact them before they call out or what happens??

Taylor5

No i think they can just arrive… i think they can take the car, i read a case like that in the paper. I know the couple had a battle to get the car back, the judge did say "they should have called the garda"
    They told the sheriff the car was in the wifes name but they still took it. tell your friend to keep the doors locked so they cant walk in and ring the Garda as soon as they arrive.
    She could do what my neighbour does, they park in a parking bay at the front of the estate, yards from the house. They have being doing this for months

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.