Severe weather warning for Europe and UK

Home Forums National Chat Severe weather warning for Europe and UK

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

Guys this doesnt look good for the next few weeks!!! Might be worth stocking up on good hats and packet soup or shoving a loaf of bread in the freezer :roll:

http://www.irishweatheronline.com/2010/ … nd-uk.html

So dont want to see what size my gas bill will be in the new year!! :shock:

Moonflower

oh no…. 🙁 🙁

Jedt
    Keymaster

oh no….not again….getting ready to leave for our parent & baby get together at Bagel Bar now, might as well make the most of getting out of the house while we can 🙂

munchin
    Participant

have a small loaf in freezer, have one of those bake a loaf packs too dd1 will enjoy making it if nothing else!
    REally hope it’s not too bad over the christmas break, both my sisters live a good hours drive away one is in kildare and i really really want to spend some time with them over the holidays

happymumblemum
    Participant

Part of me would love to see snow but the part of me that has another week to go in work doesn’t..

Anonymous
    Inactive

have had no heat since last Monday week.. 🙁 🙁 so cold. Using one open fire and fan heaters. Really dread this bad weather coming again….hope get boiler part this Wed……only new boiler but pipe froze and disaster 🙁

Taylor5

oh no thats terrible mummy5, hope you get sorted soon… your the 3rd person with no heating

Anonymous
    Inactive

lucky have a very decent plumber and his son to call on, so not so bad there. But when the boiler manufacturer wont give the part out to a plumber to fit…….mad is not the word. So now a €199 callout charge from the boiler manufacturer for a boiler only nearly 2yrs old……was the pipe freezing that caused it. Just paid another €58 on coal that will only last a few days at most…..broke buying coal…..and so cold, cold cold. Nearly getting used to the cold in a strange sort of way… 🙂

scole1

looks like big shop will be needed….aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

and most likely home schooling too…lol

Taylor5

http://www.irishweatheronline.com/2010/ … ll-in.html

This is the update from 5.30pm…. not good reading, will i get to Kells to see santa on Saturday?

Im going to go on Thursday morning and stock up on a few bits, dont need much but need meat for the freezer…

Snow feckin days i know!!! I wonder will they be snowed out so close to the holidays, the christmas concert is next week, the kids will be gutted if its called off

pookie2

Jaysus…. This is not good. Hubby works overseas (far, far away….) & usually only gets two days notice to depart. I’m 34 weeks pregnant.

Plan was I’d head from Dundalk to mammy in Mayo for Christmas if he was called away….

Now could be stranded here alone for Christmas with two toddlers, no family, possible premature labour, an impassible M1, no buses / taxis running, a hospital that won’t accept mums-to-be….. Ahhhhh….

Good job I don’t panic too easily 😆 Always look on the bright side of life!!!

Mammy 5, if me heat breaks down it could be the final straw…..

Taylor5

Pookie dont worry too much, i think they know whats coming and they know what they have to do to keep the main routes open… do you have anybody around you if you do go into labour?

A few of us could pm you with numbers…. at worst if you do have a preterm birth, but your not due for 6 weeks, cant see this crappy weather lasting that long

pookie2

Thanks very much for the offer.

Hopefully roads will stay clear & can head west 21st / 22nd.

No prob staying here really, as long as baby doesn’t decide to arrive early.

Have a bro in Duleek, but they were totally snowed in during the last bout of bad weather. As long as roads reasonably clear, I should be ok.

Hopefully Santy won’t be bringing any new arrivals for Christmas!

mammycool
    Participant

Think positive – small % of babies are premature. The forecast is just until next Wednesday. They gave a 5 day weather warning and we are in day 2 of that – so far, cold and icy.

Checked the tank for fuel yesterday – had checked before the last snow and we had a half tank – now only a bit in the bottom. My usual provider will not deliver until next Wednesday – got another who will deliver tomorrow – so living in hope that we can get through today / tonight without running out.

happymumblemum
    Participant

so where is it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.