Setting up new violin

Home Forums Yummy Mummy to Practical Parenting! Setting up new violin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sus

Hi I need help. I’ve just bought a 1/4 size violin for my 7 yr old DD for Christmas. Got it over from the UK but it needs to be set up (bridge put in place, tuned and bow primed) so that Santa can deliver it ready to be played. Does anyone know where I can get this done. Talked to Sound Shop but they weren’t too keen because it wasn’t bought there…but will do it in a push. All responses gratefully received!

Thanks, Sus

Yvonne

Hi Sus, just an idea – do you have someone that will be giving lessons – they would probably know how to setit up?

Sus

Thanks for that Yvonne. She hasn’t started lessons yet but is on a list at Boyne School of Music for January. Guess I could give them a ring about it.

ed1
    Participant

you could try the little music shop over on georges street beside dominics chipper.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here is a list of other music schools …

http://www.mumstown.ie/directory/direct … rent_id=27

I also heard there is a very good (and much cheaper) music store in Blackrock … the one near Dundalk. The shop is along the seaside road.

Hope this helps.

yummymummy

yeah its beside danny hughes shop, thats where my dad buys all his guitars and stuff, the lads are very good in there, they would defo do it for you!!! if you dont want to travel that far, go back up to the sound shop and ask them again, god it only take s afew mins to do it, how petty of them not to do it for you.

EJ

Did you try the sound shop out by TK Maxx/DID/Homebase?

Sus

Hi girls,
    Thank you so much for all your replies, I never thought I’d get so many really helpful ones! I definitely will check out the place in Blackrock because even though the sound shop said they would do it, I wasn’t impressed with their attitude, and feel reluctant to go there.
    Thanks again and the next time I have a question I will definitely be posting it here!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.