Service for a water treatment unit?

Home Forums Louth Chat Service for a water treatment unit?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Kate

Hia having a problem with the water treatment unit in our house and we’re not going to use the original fitter. Does anyone know who fixes/services these in the East meath region. thank you

EJ

We bought ours from EWT, but I found a set of replacement filters on EBAY for €20 from a guy in cork, and instructions on the web, and we fitted them ourselves. 😆
    If you’re in any way handy you could try it.

Kate

Thanks for the reply, thats a really good idea! There is a knocking noise coming from it so I think it needs to be looked at too.

Taylor5

When you said water treatment unit, do you mean a salt treament softener or just a filter unit under the sink?

Kate

AFAIK it’s both. The unit outside is making the knocking noise and the filters under the sink need changing too.

Taylor5

you can get the filters online for 20 euro… the one outside shouldnt need a service, just open it up and have a look, something could have gotten into the water, a leaf etc
    When i got mine i was told it wouldnt ever need a service….. just have a little look at it, they are very very basic units…. if you cant figure out yourself then any plumber would be able to have a look

Kate

Thanks very much Taylor. I’ll have a proper look tomorrow, hopefully it’s only dirt or something like you said. I had a feeling we were being ripped off alright and for the price of the filters on ebay – I can see by how much… 🙄

Taylor5

have you got your filter in the garden boxed in or is it out in the open?
    i think they have to be boxed in to prevent frosting up in the winter…. i opened the box on ours last year, to find a mouse trying to make a nest in the box!!!!!

Oh dont know where you are in Ireland but im in Drogheda and DPL sell the salt for 7 euro a bag… best price about, half the price of the garden centre

Kate

Eaughh on the mouse! Yes we have it in a small plastic shed, it didn’t get frosted but neither did we really, we’re in Mornington. I can’t believe €7!!! We had to do a minumum order of 10 bags with the original fitter – lead to believe that we couldn’t use any other than their supplied brand and it worked out €150, just checked the invoice earlier!! 👿

Thanks again for the advice on this. 😀

Taylor5

Blacks garden centre are either 13 or 15 euro a bag!!!

DPL is 8 euro but if you buy 2 you get for 7e

No real frost yet… i would ring them if not that long fitted, it could be as simple as a flexi pipe shaking under the pressure of the water…. is the knocking constant or just for the hour or so that its filling, ours is set to fill at about 3am!!! The neighbour has said more than once that she can hear it filling with water 😳 whoops!

Good luck

Kate

They’re noisey alright! the knocking was all the time, I unplugged it on Saturday, disconnected and reconnected it and it seems to be ok, for now at least – delighted with myself lest I speak too soon. Thanks for the tips Taylor. Usually I’m afraid touch anything electric as I’ve the opposite of the Midas touch 😆

Taylor5

When i got mine fitted that man who sold it said they dont need to be serviced at all as the unit is very basic…..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.