Self tan before going in for a section?

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents Self tan before going in for a section?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    misemammy3

Hi can anyone tell me if it’s OK to start self tanning about 2 nights before I go in for a section as I have already had 3 sections and looked like crap after each one. I know it’s only my face arms and chest that will be exposed but as a little pick me up is it OK or can the hospital refuse to operate?

Thanks a million

Jedt
    Keymaster

It could be a problem perhaps because they need to check your skin colouration when you’re under anaesthetic don’t they? I don’t think you can have your toenails painted either because they check something about your blood through your toe nails. I’d check with a midwife. I know when I had a procedure a couple of years ago when I was preggers, I had to take my nail polish off my toes (well, I had to get my hubby to do it because I couldn’t reach!)

Can I make a suggestion instead? Have you tried Biofresh BB cream? Its a moisturiser and tinted foundation and is beautiful and really gives your skin a lovely glow while not looking too make-uppy (if that makes sense.) Its like moisturising your face but leaves a lovely healthy glow.

You can get it online or call into Biofresh on West st in Drogheda (and mention Mumstown for a 10% discount)

this is what I use when I want a little bit of colour on my face but haven’t the energy for make-up.

HTH and best of luck with the section. Hope it all goes well.

Jedt
    Keymaster

If you are putting some tan on your arms etc, use Tan Organic, its the only tan I know of that’s safe for pregnancy and breastfeeding mums. No nasty chemicals in it.

Best of luck with everything

misemammy3

thanks a million sabbi i will log onto biofresh

Jedt
    Keymaster

Good luck with everything, hope it all goes smoothly

Anonymous
    Inactive

When are you going into hospital? If you’d like us send you out a few baby cream samples and bits and bobs for your hospital bag, please email me on siobhan@mumstown.ie and we’ll get those out to you.

Or you can pop along to one of our June events if you are in Drogheda or Dundalk area and we’ll bring you some goodies along?

Hope you feeling well and best of luck with everything.

misemammy3

I am heading in on 23rd June but I will definitely call in to see you at Dundalk Event for June.

Thanks a million

Fiona

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.