Sebaceous Naevus? Help!

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness Sebaceous Naevus? Help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    GwenL

Hi,
    Anyone ever heard of a sebaceous naevus birthmark? My 4 month old has these and I would love to talk to anyone with any experience of them.
    Thanks!
    Gwen

yummymummy

sorry to be ignorant but whats the diff between this and a normal birthmark?

GwenL

Hi,
    Thanks for the interest!
    It’s a very rare type of birthmark on a babies head. It’s not red like other birthmarks, but white and with no hair growing on it and can be associated with some neurological and developmental issues as well. It seems to be fairly rare because I can’t find anyone who has another child with it and amtrying to avoid looking online too much because what I read can be quite scary. 😡
    We are seeing a dermatologist who is very helpful but I would love to have another Mammy to talk to about it. Just for my own peace of mind.

hello after reading your post i googled it up to inform myself about. MY nephew and god daughter both have some different birthmarks..one is like a red patch and the other looks like a bruise…so it’s just a matter of informing one another. Nothing to scary but thanks for informing me about another type of birth mark. 😀

Fabienne

Gwen did you find an association or a group of parents whoses children also have a sebaceous naevus birthmark?
    Hope you and your family are doing well.
    Fabienne

GwenL

I did find a support organisation called Birthmark Ireland http://www.birthmarkireland.com who have been helpful. They have a forum as well but so far no one has the same ones as my little man, but its a support organisation for parents and people with birthmarks and is associated with the hospital in Crumlin. It is a voluntary group and I am hoping to get involved with helping them out in this area. Anyone who wants more info should contact me.
    Otherwise all well here. Oldest boy started playschool this week so its all excitement!
    Talk soon!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.