Searching for A surrogate Mum…

Home Forums Conception, Fertility, Multiples, Adoption & Fostering Searching for A surrogate Mum…

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi everyone, I am looking to find a surrogate mother in Ireland and I don’t no of any legitimate agencies so far.. Many people online seem to be interested in scamming or looking for a lot of money..
    Anyone with any info, I would be very grateful..
    Thanks ..xx

Michelle

Jedt
    Keymaster

Its such a grey area, there seems to be a lack of regulations and people who can legitimately advise you.

Maybe try your local HSE office or Citizens Advice Bureau as a starting point?

There is a thread about this on Mumstown already that might be helpful, here is the link to that: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=11641

HTH and best of luck with everything.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi we used a surrogate mother through a clinic in India. We have a little baby girl born in September.

pookie2

Congratulationa Karen!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks so much Pookie2!!!!

pookie2

Thankfully, Karen, I have had no need of a surrogate myself & my heart goes out to all those mums with no other options. It must take real courage to go down that road (for all concerned)…

It seems that it can be such a complicated area (legally, financially, morally…) depending on circumstances. So many people can be exploited (both would-be parents & surrogates) or left hurt, & yet when it works out, everyone can benefit.

I’m listening with interest to the current case before the courts regarding birth certs. In this case it seems so straightforward as everyone is in agreement & the genetic evidence etc is there – but I suppose surrogacy is not always so straightforward & the courts must always keep that in mind. That said, I hope, Karen, that you have a smoother legal path with your wee lady….

I really admire the sister (and probably her husband) in this case who carried her sister’s baby. That took guts. I’d love to think that I could do that for my sister if she needed it in the future…

Good luck in your hunt, Michelle. I wish you all the best.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi guys! I can say that your intention of having a surrogate mother for you is good. However, surrogacy is not as easy as we think. There are factors to consider as well as rules and laws. With that, we can give you insights and advices for free. We at GlobalIVF specialize in helping people like you. We are a community of over5000 IPs, clinics, doctors and lawyer. And it if FREE to use our extensive database. Plus you can ask questions to our very experienced team (free, as well) anytime. Hope you can find what your looking for on our site. \\newurl{http://www.globalivf.com/directory,http://www.globalivf.com/directory}

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.