Scoth Hall fireworks

Home Forums Movies, TV, Books & Entertainment Scoth Hall fireworks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

I thought I read somewhere that there are fireworks tomorrow (Fri) evening but I can’t find anything more about it and there is nothing on the SH website. Did anyone else see this or did I imagine it?

Thanks

EJ

Yes I saw it advertised in scotch hall yesterday, Its on the bridge at 7pm as far as I know!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks. I am glad I checked, I thought I saw 5, but I suppose that would still have been too light. Will have to think about it as dd would love it but that could be a bit late for her.

Taylor5

Yeah 7pm at SH but dont know where, somewhere between the bridge and the Dhotel. I was thinking of going to the area in front of the D.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dh is going to try and get home in time to babysit so I can take dd, I’d say outside the d should be good as there is a bit more space so little ones can see better and get away more easily if it is too loud.

ed1
    Participant

hi girls, i was at them last year and stood along the river. a lot of people stood the other side of the river and had a great view. they let them off from the roof of the car park. they only last for about 10 mins but are quite good. hope to make it down tonight myself with the boys.

Taylor5

Would you be better standing on the Dublin Road then? A least you get to avoid all the traffic afterwards….

ed1
    Participant

not sure about dublin road but i would say it would be good though as you are higher up there.

Yvonne

Do they only go on for 10 minutes??!

ed1
    Participant

yeah i think it was only about 10 – 15 mins last year. hubby said they are letting off fireworks after the drogs match tonight too. bit late for the kiddies though.

Taylor5

We went and it was great, ds loved it. He was so cute looking, he was holding his ears at first then he relaxed and started to enjoyhimself. It was better then I thought for a Drogheda display……. still not as good as the Arts Festival display that was down the ramparts a few years ago, anyone remember this?

ed1
    Participant

yeah it was good. we watched it from accross the river. great view from there.

i think i did see the arts festival one. was it lashing rain that night. i know i went to the top of grove hill to watch it one year. it was amazing.

Taylor5

We watched it from the Northside of the river, ds who is 2 walked us over there and sat down on the part with no rail at the river. He must have been here in another life 😆 😆 😆
    It was great and I was so excited, I know it was a bit late but the music and the pa system was great, Well done Scotch Hall

rossylisa

yes we went to see it 😀 it started of crap and then got good not as good as others ones that have been in drogheda though…………………….. i heard the ones from the drog stadium they went on for ages and sounded deadly i would have loved to see them ………couldnt see them from my house but could hear them 😥

Anonymous
    Inactive

We also went and stood on the North side of the river (thanks for the tip ed1) and it was great. Not too crowded and we had a perfect view. Dd relaxed right into it after the first bangs and didn’t want it to end! She just loved her special outing with mom. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.