Scones – cheap ones and expensive ones…

Home Forums Spot the Bargain Scones – cheap ones and expensive ones…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Getting on my soapbox a bit here but I’m annoyed….

A small, measly scone with butter and jam in Costa Coffee is 3 euro. I’ve complained but no-one seems to have a reason for this high price. I mean, their muffins and cakes are much nicer and cost less than that!

On the other hand, the Bettystown Court hotel has a new pastry chef and they do proper homemade scones for two people for 3.50. This contains 2 scones, cream and jam. I think this is good value and their coffees are nice and they have a nice big lobby where the kids can run around. I was surprised it was so nice so though I’d let other parents know.

Siobhan

noeleenw

was looking over on rollercoaster and there was a discussion on scones apparently a scone with jam and cream can be up to 10 weight watcher points !!!!!!!!!! 🙄 🙄

Jedt
    Keymaster

ooohhh – thats not good!! If ever there was an incentive to stay away from them, thats it right there!!!

mammycool
    Participant

Yum, you are making me hungry!!!! I love my cream teas – not that I have them very often. I have never worried about weight watchers points – so I won’t start now!

If you want nice cheap scones – buy a bag of Odlums ready to make – just add water or milk(not sure which) and stick in the oven – very tasty! Their bread is as well – I like the cracked wheat one. There are others that are a bit odd for my tastes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.