SCHOOLS OPEN??

Home Forums National Chat SCHOOLS OPEN??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Babs

Le cheile is closed tomorow, their website is up to date.
    The gaelscoil is open, but no bus.
    If anyone want to tell me if it’s better from Bettystown along the river or via Donacraney.
    All advice welcome. I’m not a confident driver and my estate is just an ice ring.

Don’t know for other schools.

Babs

Hi just wondering if anyone knows yet if the schools plan to open tomorrow? My son is in Donacarney school, they have been closed since Wednesday…nothing on LMFM yet….

Lifeisgood

Sorry, I dont know as yet if Donacarney schools are opening, no update on website and no update on schools on lmfm. Just to let you know that John Shiels cannot operate the Donacarney school run tomorrow because the roads are too bad. East Meath – forgotten once again by Meath C.C.

rossylisa

The road were le cheile is leatel all the way around to the garage, them roads werent gritted at all ,

Sweetypie

What about St.Buites school in Tenure?
    Is it open?

SP

Lifeisgood

Donacarney school closed tomorrow.

Fabienne

My friend drove back from Sotch hall, road very slippy.
    She was very slow, made it safely but her car did slide few times.
    I don’t see how the same road will be safe for the school run (gaelscoil starts at 8.50, even if tehy say and delay will be excused).

Found it too easy for the school to say open, be safe. But roads are dangerous, and the 6 O’clock news says don’t drive if you can avoid it.
    Profesionnal school bus drivers find it too dangerous to do school run, but parents with good or poor (like me) confidence will have to drive.

I know I could keep my children at home, but my daughter needs some learning support, I don’t want her to be even more behind.
    Plus this year we’re taking them off school before Xmas holidays, for them to be able to spend Xmas with Family in France. So I’m afraid if they skop too much school….

Fabienne

noeleenw

What about St.Buites school in Tenure?
    Is it open?

SP
    keep an eye on lmfm on facebook … i havent heard anything yet, but roads are really dangerous atm

Anonymous
    Inactive

Callystown CLogherhead open but Greenhills secondary school closed. No buses running far as I’m aware either to the schools.

Roads are bad. So icy. Had a bit of a skid last night coming home. Roads clear looking but black ice. Back of people carrier was everywhere. Took the big car thinking its heavier and much bigger wheels…….but still crazy out here.

trixiebell
    Participant

i’d say listen to lmfm from early monday morning, and also check their facebook page as they put regular updates on there.

hth

Fabienne

I got thta comment form a friend on Facebook
    "we went that way today as wanted to check roads out for school tomorrow (b4 got txt 2 say was closed again) & both were so bad..just solid ice..cant believe they could leave roads like that..especially on a school route with 4 schools needing to use them…supposed to be worse overnight.."

i might keep the kids in.
    Will decide in the morning.
    Fabienne

blonde

scoil oilbhear naofa opened tomorrow, but have advised that there path ways havent been cleared will send dd tomorrow and see how she gets on but have to admit im very nervous sending her ,but cant keep her out as they are very strict about missing school! what to do?

Fabienne

The golf links road is very good.
    If you can post it when you come back about the road.
    Will you go down towards Harry’s petrol station or via donacarney school and village hotel?

I’m afraid of all kinds of hills.

If dh works from home, either he can drive or I’ll drive, but if he goes to the office (he doesn’t know yet, he’ll see with the roads) I won’t have the car and it’s the good excuse could not bring my kids to school because no school bus.
    But because Meath is forgotten but the rest of the roads are okish, he feels like if he’s asking again to work from home it will look bad.
    It’s tricky for him as well.
    I have a neighbour who did not go to work on friday and his boss ask him why?
    In East Meath it’s worse than parts just around the corner from us.

I know that nothing bad will really happen from not sending kids to school, but don’t want to be reported to social services.
    There is a pupil who did skip school for over 1 YEAR before being forced back to school.
    So they can’t be too strict for extra days because county council don’t do their job.
    But still I’ll feel guilty about not sending them to school.

Fabienne

yummymummy

My ds school is open today, St Joesphs CBS SUndays Gate. They cleared the paths yesterday and he is delighted to be getting back.

Alot of the main roads in drogheda are fine altho everyone is driving really slowly which is good to see. Same can be said for some idiots on the M1 northbound this morning!!! Eh I want to live thanks, go speed away from me!!

Financial Companion
    Participant

And apparantly, according to the Gardai, it’s actually illegal to take out an uzi machine gun to blast the dangerous drivers!! 😆 😆 😆

I see some mad manouvres on the M1 (that thankfully I don’t have to drive on everyday anymore!) that might make someone 10-20 seconds. I mean, where the hell would you be going that 20 seconds is gonna make that much difference??? 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.