school milk…

Home Forums National Chat school milk…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Moonflower

Hi,

just wondering how many people are taking up the milk offer in school…as not sure if I want DS to as i try & keep his dairy intake down..and he loves milk..so if he sees everyone else getting it he wont want to be left out…so thought i would ask on here & see how many are going for it…

thanks

scole1

i asked ds if he wanted to he said yeah but will see again later i’m worried though he might not drink it and i dunno what they do with the cartons? you know the way they bring everything home don’t fancy milk all over his bag

Taylor5

My ds wont be getting it and another few mums in his class wont be getting it either… not sure about your ds’s class moonflower.

I was going to get it but ds said No dont want milk in school….. milk in lunch box not a nice idea…. i have wash bag, pencil case and lunch box as a yop burst open in his bag!!! not to mention the uniform!!!!
    Smelly milk yuck!!!

happymumblemum
    Participant

dd has took school milk for last 3 years, never had a problem with spillages . Think the benefits of the extra dairy intake out weigh the possible problems of spillages etc.

Moonflower

might give it a miss then…as Ds would drink milk all day if he cd but I really feel it affects his stuffy nose….just dont want him to be left out…as see even thou uniform is supposedly optional nearly all class are now wearing it…which makes Ds singled out by not wearing it…

Taylor5

Moonflower i dont think the kids notice about the uniform…. my ds had a regular top onto and the tracksuit bottoms i call his uniform (from Dunnes)
    I know most of the kids dont wear uniforms on Fridays….. this friday is the photo shoot…. so no uniform here

scole1

i don’t have a uniform for ds and he has never mentioned otherwise, i gave him the option and he didn’t want to have a uniform, suits me…i wouldn’t worry about him feeling left out…unless it’s really upsetting him, but the whole uniform option to have and not to have was brought in to take that whole pressure off and accepting each as one…

i do however give him homework..thankfully as of yet he hasn’t asked if anyone else has homeowrk to do…mean mammy 😆 😆

rossylisa

never got it for DD

yummymummy

Got it for my ds for the first 2 years in school…no more tho, sick of the sour milk books……they take the rubbish home so half drank milk cartons in opened lunch boxes….great stuff as you can imagine.

Taylor5

im giving some homework too 😳 😆 😆 😆

Sour milk books yuck!!!!

Moonflower

no ds not mentioned anythin about uniform but heard a couple of children have so just waitin for him to notice & say something…but hopefully he wont even notice..

dont like sound of those smelly milk cartons….& those lunch bags are so smelly already arent they…what hapened to the good old tupperware ones we used to have they were much easier to keep clean…

Moonflower

what sort of homework??? forgot to ask………great idea.

hjs

dd had milk on and off but mostly on since staring school now in 1st class with HMM dd and have to say have same experience as HMM = no probs

milk carton comes home empty with rest of packaging, sometimes is spillage but stays in lunchbox in lunch bag, how diff is it to rinse thru or wang in wm? not very…

is nice and chilled and i THINK they have it at mid am break at dd school. she loves it and her water she has for lunch

Taylor5

moonflower i have letters printed off stuff from the net… letters, with a picture to colour in and then the letter in caps and lower case at the end of the page…. he would go over his letters in a copy but only doing the 2 in his letter wallet!
    Its not homework its fun iykwim

Moonflower

yes i am not really worried about mess or smell its the whole dairy thing really…we have lactose free milk at home & rice milk…but like him to have a small amount of normal milk as dont want to make him completely intolerant to it…oh dear decisions decisions…

great idea taylor will have a look on net…we have a huge stack of those childrens magazines…with the workbooks in…my family used to always send them over for him & he wasnt that interested but got them out other day & we were playing teachers & he loved doing them…so maybe should do it more often…

I found a great way to find out more about his school day,you know they dont tell u much…well we have the peppa pig school playset..again a toy not used for ages but got that out other day again & was so funny as we had to play excactly as they do in his class..got to hear all the songs they have learnt etc…bit of irish thrown in…& i love being Madame Giselle 😆 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.